Another week, another lunch. It’s getting closer to Christmas now (perhaps you’ve noticed the too-early decorations in supermarkets across the country), but for now enjoy the last few days of Spring – Summer is coming with a vengeance.
- Synergy’s acting CEO has made a firm commitment to properly look after Leading Solutions staff.
- If you’re an IT retailer, you might be happy with the 2009.
- Know someone growing a ‘mo for Movember? Take a pic, and send it in to us, then have a look at the gallery here
State of the market
- The markets were up early in the day following a strong performance in the US, however gains of around 25 points slipped away by lunchtime and the S&P/ASX200 finished down 25.8 points at 4729.4.
- The Aussie dollar is rising very slowly but surely is currently trades at $US0.9369. The price of gold is still on the up and it now sells at $US1139.4 an ounce. Oil has jumped 3.92 per cent to $US79.3 a barrel
- Praying for a miracle: Twins op tops 24 hours
- Nabbed: Internet $18m heist 'hero' surrenders
- Lex-appeal: Word of the year is ... unfriend
- Technology: Defence wars on applications
- Major delays: Qantas check-in meltdown
- Getting hotter: Temperatures to soar in Sydney
- Oops: I have news ... 'Queen's death' announcement wrong
- The world: Watchdog raises possibility of more Iran nuclear facilities
- Hot stuff: Sydney sizzles
- Labour: Shortfall of 1.4m workers threatens pension age
- Overseas economy: Wall St shares rally to new 2009 highs
- Cricket: The show will go on, but the star won't be Brett Lee anymore
- Cricket (2): Beanpole pace prodigy puts Clark in the shade
- Wagga water: $300,000 to find out why it produces so many sports stars
- Rugby league: Sheens dubs his Kangaroos 'the Implacables'
- Rugby league (2): Civoniceva tips Slammin' Sam for stardom with the Bunnies
- Rugby league (3): Orford cuts Manly ties
- Rugby union: Wallabies told to set new target
- Australian rules: Nine gives AFL woman $220,000 and apology
- Football: FIFA heavy backs Australian World Cup bid
- Edward Woodward: The Equalizer passes away
- <i>MasterChef</i>: Matt the Cravat ready to release mixtape for cooking and munching
- Rove quits: Fans dismayed
- Travel: Walk like a surrealist
- Media: New libel laws fail in doing their job
- Call girl comes clean: 'Belle de Jour' scientist backed by her boss
- Food: American pie
- Britney live: What a bore! ... or ... Don't bash this trash
- Sam Fox: Yes, Sam Fox is back, and stripping for a second shot at fame
- Miley C: Crap at dating because she's famous
For the evening:
- Sadly, the latest film version of Dorian Gray has not been warmly welcomed. read one review here, but Wilde fans might still enjoy seeing this take on one of the most compelling literary characters.
- Sydney: Fine. Sunny periods. Min: 18, Max: 25
- Melbourne: Mostly sunny. Min: 13, Max: 32
- Brisbane: Mostly fine. Min: 21, Max: 31
- Perth: Few showers. Min: 15, Max: 21
- Adelaide: Dry. High cloud. Min: 20, Max: 41
- Hobart: Fine. Min: 10, Max: 21
- Canberra: Sunny. Min: 11, Max: 33
- Darwin: Afternoon shower/storm. Min: 27, Max: 34
Product Wars: Best IT Invention
- Results so far:
- 1st - Nintendo Gameboy - 75%
- 2nd - Amazon Kindle - 69%
- 3rd - Virtual reality - 63%
- 4th - Apple iPods - 57%
- 5th - BlackBerry - 55%
- It's still early on in the race. Click here to change the results!