Tiger watch - the Australian Masters 2009, Day 2
For all the channel golfers. Due to unprecedented interest in the appearance of Tiger Woods we've got a few links that will lead you to the latest from the course. Plus feature news and articles on the tournament.
On the board - 10.00am:
- -6 Branden Grace, Tiger Woods, James Nitties, Jason Dufner
- -5 Matthew Goggin, Ashley Hall, Doug Holloway, Cameron Percy
- -4 Greg Chalmers, Peter Nolan, Stuart Appleby, Manny Villegas
- -3 Ryan Haller, Damien Jordan, Scott Laycock, Lee Slattery
- Latest scores: Official site scoreboard
- Official site: The Australian Masters home page
- Regular updates: Latest developments on the course
- Adam Scott: Relationship with his game is on the mend
- Low scores: Watered greens to quench Tiger's thirst for birdies
- Geoff Ogilvie: Geed up to be teeing up at home
State of the market
- After a sixth successive day of growth on Wall St's Dow, the Australian markets opened in the black but not strongly. After gaining as much as 25 poinst it fell away in the afternoon. At close of trading, the S&P/ASX200 was down 9.1 points at 4747.9.
- The Aussie dollar was up at $US0.9342. Gold was up $US12 to $US1114.5 an ounce while oil slipped marginally to $US79.0 a barrel.
- Power of Google: Father reunites with daughter after 30-year search
- Politics of conservation: Garrett's dam rejection a blow for Anna Bligh
- Trading places: Uncouth Poms beat us at our own game
- Randwick killings: Antony Waterlow a lost soul, says ex-girlfriend
- Global economy: Wall St's Dow up for a sixth day
- Asylum seekers: 'Get off the boat and you'll go to Australia'
- Looking ahead: In Qantas' airport of the future ...
- The hardware store: Doctors pull nails, coins, scrap metal fro metal eater's stomach
- Cricket: Ashes may be played at Homebush Bay
- Cricket (2): Hughes poised to knock Watson down a few pegs
- Swimming: Near naked and exposed by rivals, but it suits slowcoach Phelps
- new Corica's on track for return against Perth
- Rugby league: JT's forgetfulness raises England's hackles
- Rugby league (2): Sheens throws Lewis at Lions as mystery surrounds final line-up
- Rugby union: Cheeky Gits grinning again as leading light
- Football: Country comes first for Vidosic, despite the cost
- Gossip: The band is big, ditto for Beth
- Powderfinger: It's time to re-light the Powder
- Christmas album: Why did the Pope cross Abbey Road?
- Spin doctor: Jamsters take up the Gitmo cause
- Kings Cross: Bring on the night
- The backpacker: Places where you'll get hassled
- Fight is on:Labor baulks at book reform, booksellers to fight decision
- At the movies: Best and worst disaster movies (gallery)
For the evening:
- Here’s a good one – Powerfinger fans, get ready. There will be a livestream tonight. Click here for the details.
- Sydney: Chance morning shower. Min: 18, Max: 23
- Melbourne: Mostly sunny. Min: 16, Max: 31
- Brisbane: Late shower. Possible storm. Min: 16, Max: 29
- Perth: A few showers, easing. Min: 18, Max: 25
- Adelaide: Dry. Sunny. Min: 23, Max: 39
- Hobart: Fine. Min: 11, Max: 24
- Canberra: Fine, mostly sunny. Min: 13, Max: 28
- Darwin: Afternoon shower/storm. Min: 26, Max: 35
Product Wars: Movie/TV inspired gadgets
- Results so far...
- 1st - Doctor Who K9 style Roving security sentry - 87%
- 2nd - Transformers style “All Spark” Hub - 74%
- 3rd - Dick Tracy inspired touch-screen internet watch - 67%
- 4th - Get Smart Shoe Phone - 66%
- 5th - James Bond hidden video-camera watch - 64%
- Don't like the results? Do something about it by voting here