As colour comes back into nature, and with temperatures warming, we’re here to brighten your lunch with the tastiest bits of news for the day.
- Matthew Sanderson, one of Ingram Micro’s long standing leaders, has announced that he will be moving back to his UK homeland to become the head of Ingram Micro’s subsidiary there. His local replacement is yet to be determined.
- Windows 7, which launches this week, has been met with a very enthusiastic reception from channel partners.
State of the market
- The market has dropped in morning trading, but looks to have stabilised. At 11:58am, the S&P/ASX200 was down 51.2 points
- The Aussie dollar has fallen slightly to $US0.9123. Gold prices have slightly risen to $1051.5 an ounce while oil prices have risen by 1.21 per cent to $78.5 a barrel
Product Wars update: Wacky Mp3 players
Results so far...
- 1st - Light sabre Mp3 - 93%
- 2nd - Swiss army knife - 73%
- 2nd - Underwater googles Mp3 - 73%
- 4th - Hand grenade Mp3 - 70%
- 5th - Belt buckle Mp3 - 58%
- Don't agree with the results? Click here to vote and have your say!
- Emissions trading scheme: Wong to meet opposition over ETS
- Asylum-seekers: Boatpeople may be sent to Indonesia
- Balloon bursts: 'Balloon Boy' saga a hoax
- McGurk inquiry: Sartor admits to being lobbied
- Jessica Watson record attempt: Better to lose her than say no, dad says
- Ross Gittins: Can Government be trusted with our money?
- Gang of 49: Adelaide terrorised as group embarks on crime spree
- 'Balloon boy' alive: Found hiding in cardboard box
- Trading scam: Billionaire held over $22m insider plot
- What a nerve!: Placebo lives in the spine
- Formula 1: Webber wins, Button takes title
- MotoGP: Stoner wins, defies Rossi and critics
- Gymnastics: Lauren Mitchell's silver double shot at World championships
- Football: Sand of god - Beach ball goal beats Liverpool
- Football (2): Man City held by Wigan
- Football (3): Time wasting is part of Asian football, Verbeek claims
- Rugby league: Roosters' pitch to sponsors - only way up
- Cricket: NSW join Victoria in semis
- Cricket (2): Lanky Finn adds height to English bowling depth
- Racing: Angland stares down Cox Plate stage fright
- Racing (2): Pricer mishap boosts Bart's Plate chances
- Racing (3): Bart of the furniture blocks radar again
- Wolfmother: Launch Facebook game; Cosmic Egg soon
- The Flaming Lips: Remake Dark Side of The Moon
- new Extreme torture films grate on Saw nerves
- Crumb's: Explicit Genesis upsets Christians
- Love me tender: Clump of Elvis hair sold for $20,000
- Guy Sebastian: Like him like that
- <i>Hitchhiker's Guide</i>: back on track
- Liza Minelli: A voice that brought the house down (review)
For the evening:
- For those of you who were looking forward to Astro Boy (and lets face it, we all were), we have some disappointing news for you – the SMH didn’t think much of it. Go and see it, if you dare, or save yourself from disappointment and have a night in.
- Sydney: Fine. Mostly sunny. Min: 13, Max: 27
- Melbourne: Becoming windy. Min: 14, Max: 27
- Brisbane: Fine. Min: 15, Max: 27
- Perth: Fine. Min: 10, Max: 23
- Adelaide: Fine. High cloud. Min: 12, Max: 27
- Hobart: Shower or two. Min: 11, Max: 22
- Canberra: Fine, sunny. Min: 6, Max: 24
- Darwin: Afternoon shower inland. Min: 25, Max: 35