DocuSign’s new Agreement Cloud solution is proving very popular with the channel in international markets.
Melbourne software developer a finalist in UK Market Research Technology Effectiveness Award
- 15 October, 2009 11:38
<p>Just weeks after winning the 2009 Dell Small Business Excellence Award in Australia, Melbourne qualitative data analysis software developer QSR International has been named a finalist for the Market Research Society / Association for Survey Computing Award for Technology Effectiveness. The title is part of Research Awards 09, the United Kingdom's premier awards program for the market research industry.</p>
<p>QSR International CEO John Owen said the company’s NVivo 8 software was a strong contender for the title. The product, released last year, allows market researchers to import and analyse video, audio, images and text side-by-side.
“We are thrilled to have NVivo recognised in this way,” said Mr Owen.</p>
<p>“The MRS / ASC Award for Technology Effectiveness has been acknowledging innovative industry leaders and their contribution to research since 2003. We designed NVivo specifically for qualitative research and today it’s used by every major university in Europe, North America and Australasia, as well as by government and commercial organisations, including the UK Policy Studies Institute, global law firm CMS Cameron McKenna, Boston Children’s Hospital and Australian sustainability assurance consultancy Banarra.</p>
<p>“We were very pleased to be announced as finalists at an industry function held in London last night. It’s capped off a brilliant month for QSR International, coming just a few weeks after we were awarded the national 2009 Dell Small Business Excellence Award and the opportunity to represent Australia in the Global Dell Small Business Excellence Award program.”</p>
<p>Mr Owen said NVivo 8 was developed in close consultation with more than 100 international researchers and decision makers. The software’s powerful analysis tools help users to interrogate their data - testing out theories, identifying trends and cross-examining information.</p>
<p>“NVivo allows market researchers to do things that simply aren’t possible using traditional or manual approaches to qualitative research,” he said.</p>
<p>NVivo 8’s key features allow users to:</p>
<p>• Import, organize and analyse thousands of audio files, videos, digital photos, Word, PDF, rich text and plain text documents.
• Work with material in any language and choose to work with a software interface in one of six languages, including English, French, German, Spanish, Simplified Chinese and Japanese.
• Work with transcripts or work without them, analysing material straight from audio and video files. Users can even create transcripts or text files within the software as they go.
• Query data to uncover patterns and themes with a powerful state-of-the-art search engine.
• Create and export professional models and charts, including three dimensional bar graphs and pie charts.
• Query the analysis completed by individuals or teams and run comparisons to show the percentage of analysis that is the same or different across users.
• Merge separate projects and still identify which work was completed by which person, as well as view the notes and analysis completed by each team member.
• Share files and findings, including audio, video or sections of documents with clients or colleagues who don’t have NVivo, using HTML web pages.</p>
<p>The MRS / ASC Award for Technology Effectiveness will be judged by a panel of industry experts, with the winner announced in December 2009. As winners of the 2009 Dell Small Business Excellence Award in Australia, QSR International will also compete against 12 other countries for the 2009 Global Dell Small Business Excellence Award.</p>
<p>Information: Watch the NVivo 8 video on QSR International's homepage www.qsrinternational.com, or visit www.mrs.org.uk/awards/techeff.htm or www.asc.org.uk/Home.htm#Effectiveness for more information about the Award for Technology Effectiveness.</p>
<p>For interviews or photographs, contact Liane Sayer-Roberts phone +61 (0) 427 728 232 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org</p>