As colour comes back into nature, and with temperatures warming, we’re here to brighten your lunch with the tastiest bits of news for the day.
- MoneyTech continues to grow its partnership base, this time with the big one, Ingram Micro
- Emerson has announced the acquisition of Avocent in a move that will help the vendor offer end-to-end energy efficiency solutions
- Finally, Oracle has announced that it is revamping its partner program, with the new one to be active from December.
State of the market
- It’s been a rollercoaster morning on the markets with stocks rising sharply in early trading before dropping down by midday. At 11:41am, the S&P/ASX200 was down 1.2 points
- The Aussie dollar is continuing its steady upward climb and trades at $US0.9041. Gold is down slightly but still relatively high at $US1048.6 an ounce while oil is steady at $US71.8 a barrel
- ID fraud: Costing the Australian economy up to $3 billion a year
- Hit rate monster: YouTube views over one billion a day, claims co-founder
- Packer shock: 'Kerry let James take fall'
- Liberal leadership (1): Hockey's support falters after Costello withdraws
- Liberal leadership (2): Hockey firms as voters' choice
- Money: Big banks cash in on savers
- Horror transplant: Patient gets cancer after being given smoker's lungs
- Brimble cruise ship death: Prosecution withdraws part of the case
- Paul Sheehan: Nobel Peace Prize for Obama is a travesty
- NRL: Four Manly stars to get contracts
- Bathurst 1000: Fire and rain as Tander, Davison win for Holden
- Bathurst 1000 (2): Duelling rivals create Mount Pandemonium
- Football: Socceroos stingy but lack attacking flair
- A-League: Master blasted away by Fury's late equaliser
- Racing: Starspangled colt caught in hormone row
- Racing (2): Ollie keeps his head at the crucial moment
- Racing (3): Hayes stable dumps Williams
- Cricket - Champions League: Blues tear apart the Sharks
- John Coates: Lord of the rings
- Reality bytes: Why film a car ad when you could animate it?
- Anna Paquin: My vampire lover
- Life doesn't suck: Interview with a vampre
- Gately dies: Boyzone stars 'devastated'
- That'll teach you: Holmes wins Scientology battle with Cruise
- Miley's Twitter rap: See her attempt to explain why she's abandoned it (video)
- Powderfinger: About to split?
- Local bunny: Shridyn Fisher aims for Playboy (video)
For the evening:
- Moon is a low-budget sci-fi classic in the making that should not be missed.
- Sydney: Fine. Windy. Min: 16, Max: 24
- Melbourne: A few showers. Min: 10, Max: 16
- Brisbane: Late shower or storm. Min: 19, Max: 32
- Perth: Fine. Min: 8, Max: 21
- Adelaide: Showers. Windy. Min: 11, Max: 16
- Hobart: Shower or two developing. Min: 7, Max: 15
- Canberra: Few showers. Windy. Min: 6, Max: 14
- Darwin: Shower inland. Min: 25, Max: 33