It’s lunch time!
The morning’s over and you need that little boost to energise you through the rest of the day. That’s where the lunch box comes in – interesting news, ideas for the evening and the all-important weather, in one neat package.
- Relive the awards night one more time with some of the best shots to be taken on our glamorous red carpet
- Huge news came this morning – Cisco will be buying Tandberg for in excess of $3 billion
- Finally, not good news if you work in games retail – it looks like the digital distribution of games is muscling you out
State of the market
- The markets have dropped sharply following falls on Wall St. At 11am, the S&P/ASX200 was down 86.7 points
- The Aussie dollar is down to $US0.8675. Gold is trading slightly lower at $1000.7 an ounce while oil is slightly up to $70.8 a barrel
- Death toll rises: Thousands are expected to have died and 112 Australians are unaccounted for as the cleanup begins in earthquake-ravaged Indonesia
- SA premier attacked: The South Australian premier, Mike Rann, was attacked last night by a man with a rolled magazine and suffered bruising to his face
- No milk for you: Nestle has agreed to stop buying milk from a farm owned by Robert Mugabe’s wife in Zimbabwe
- Love me or leave me: Federal opposition leader, Malcolm Turnbull, has told his party to either back his recommendations on an emissions trading scheme or sack him as leader
- Two arrested for ‘cocaine sandwiches’: Dutch police have arrested two people for attempting to smuggle 33 packets of cocaine disguised as sandwiches in their luggage
- Storm ready: Fresh and keen to take on the Eels, club claims
- Hussey gets a second chance: Struggling batsman joins the squad in South Africa
- Johnson is cricketer of the year: Not just best in Australia, best in world
- Obama’s Olympic Bid: Will Chicago fly with the President’s backing?
- Hey Hey a winner: Show return proves popular
- Powderfinger Twitter Concerts: First of three concert reached out to 1400 fans in Brisbane
- Magda offends cyclists: Apologies and will jump on a bike herself in support
- Free music via MySpace: Social networking site hopes to pull in plenty of $$$s through advertising sponsored free service
- Nick Caves’ golden statue on hold: Recession made idea one of ‘bad taste,’ but singer insists the statue of himself will appear in his home town one day
For the weekend:
- Chances are, you’ll be watching the football this weekend. But, failing that – it’s a long weekend, so make the most of it! Have a look at sites such as What’s On Sydney, or a Melbourne equivalent and try and spend at least one of the three days doing something new.
- Sydney: Rain periods. Min: 16, Max: 18
- Melbourne: Early shower or two. Min: 10, Max: 18
- Brisbane: Fine. Min: 17, Max: 32
- Perth: Early shower then fine. Min: 11, Max: 20
- Adelaide: Fine. Cloudy morning. Min: 9, Max: 17
- Hobart: Fine. Min: 4, Max: 14
- Canberra: Shower or two. Min: 7, Max: 12
- Darwin: Afternoon shower about. Min: 25, Max: 34