Lexmark has taken the wrappers off its new range of SMB multifunction printers (MFPs).
The inject series includes MFPs with integrated wireless capabilities using Wireless-N (IEEE 802.11n) for reliable signals and fast file transfer rates. On-board Eco Mode automates two-sided printing, faxing and copying which, according to the vendor, saves businesses up to 50 per cent of their paper usage and lowers overall costs.
Additional features include business card scanning, which automatically uploads contact information to address book applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Windows CE or Palm OS. The vendor’s Vizix technology carries separate cartridges and claims to provide top speed and quality across the new line of printers.
Lexmark has equipped three MFPs with myTouch capacitive 4.3-inch touchscreen technology that can connect to the Web. The vendor also revealed SmartSolutions, a feature that allows users to streamline repetitive processes through the touchscreen such as group faxing or scanning documents to email templates.
The new line of MFPs is split into two categories:
- Platinum: $599, wireless 4-in-1 with dual paper trays, SmartSolutions touchscreen
- Prestige: $499, wireless 3-in-1 with SmartSolutions touchscreen
- Prevail: $399, wireless 4-in-1 with advanced networking capability
- Prospect: $299, wireless 4-in-1 with integrated business card scanner
- Interact: $399, wireless 3-in-1 with SmartSolutions touch screen
- Intuition:$249, wireless 3-in-1 with two-sided printing and colour LCD
- Interpret: $199, compact wireless 4-in-1 for office productivity
- Impact: $179, compact wireless 3-in-1 for everyday tasks
Lexmark offers complementary on-site exchange warranty and priority phone support.
Home Office Series