Dell partners with Harris Technology

Dell partners with Harris Technology

Fourth retail partnership for vendor, as it looks to reach SMB customers

Dell has formed a partnership with Harris Technology to further broaden its indirect visibility to SMB customers.

Dell’s first local retail partner was Harris Technology owner, Officeworks. Dell channel strategy manager, Rob Makin, said the existing relationship and existing synergies with Officeworks were key incentives in building the new relationship.

“We’re extremely happy with the Officeworks relationship, which has been very successful for us,” Makin said.

“We are taking a selective approach to signing partners in order to drive value – our goal is to build the right capabilities in our existing channel.”

Harris Technology’s main business comes from small and medium businesses, which accounts for approximately 80 per cent of the retailer’s customer base. The remaining 20 per cent are tech-savvy consumers. The specialist reseller has Business Centres in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and Perth.

Harris Technology national manager, Eron Plumb, said the new relationship was not expected to pull much business away from the existing vendors it carries.

“We find that customers already have a preference for a vendor, such as Dell. This partnership allows Harris to have a conversation with those customers,” Plumb said.

Other recent Dell indirect partnerships include Dick Smith and The Good Guys.

Follow Us

Join the newsletter!


Sign up to gain exclusive access to email subscriptions, event invitations, competitions, giveaways, and much more.

Membership is free, and your security and privacy remain protected. View our privacy policy before signing up.

Error: Please check your email address.


Show Comments