It’s lunch time!
The morning’s over and you need that little boost to energise you through the rest of the day. That’s where the lunch box comes in – interesting news, ideas for the evening and the all-important weather, in one neat package.
- The Government has given video conferencing the tick of approval when used with healthcare
- Microsoft has launched three new products that it claims will help channel partners target key vertical markets
State of the market
- The market has dropped sharply in morning trading thanks to lower resource and financial stocks. At 11:24am, the S&P/ASX200 was down 59.1 points
- The Aussie dollar is trading lower against its US counterpart to $US0.8610. Gold is also down to $US991.6 an ounce while oil is trading at $US66 a barrel
- And then there were two: One of the three sisters (not Apostles) crumbles into the sea
- Chihuahua theft gone wrong: Woman pulls gun on police
- Iran tests missiles: At least two short range missiles launched
- Honduras revokes rights: Government allows itself to suspend freedom of speech, ban protests and suspend media groups because of "disturbances of the peace"
- Fijian troops excluded from peace keeping: International pressure has led the United Nations to exclude Fijian troops from peacekeeping operations.
- Oktoberfest flights banned: Terrorist threat fears
- The real Dr Evil? Man sues bank for 1784 billion, trillion dollars
- Grand final fever: Storm in good form leading to the big one against the Eels
- Two in a row for Mick Surfer, Mick Fanning, wins his second consecutive ASP Dream Tour event
- Tiger pockets big bucks: Tiger Woods wins the FedEx cup, worth a cool $10 million
- Cadel Evans wins: first win of the men's world championship road race in Mendrisio, Switzerland for cyclist
- Brisbane Roar beats Sydney FC: 1-0 loss prevents Sydney from taking A League top spot
- Monfils through to tennis final: Second Open de Moselle final for world number 13.
- Roman Polanski arrested: Academy award winner taken on rape charges 31 years after the case first surfaced
- Barbie movie: No word on who will play the iconic doll
- MJ to release new song: This is it to be released October 12, four months after Jackson’s death
- Baby Buffy: Sarah Michelle Gellar gives birth
- Sickening movie: Tasmanian cannibal movie makes audience vomit
- No marriage for Kylie: Superstar quashes marriage rumour
For the evening:
- It’s a lazy Monday today, so why not veg out on the couch with some television? Check out Good News Week on Channel Ten at 8:30pm. If that doesn’t float your boat, Seven’s new series FlashForward is on at the same time. And if you’re a fan of keeping the media honest, Media Watch is on ABC1 at 9:20pm
- Sydney: Fine. Mostly sunny. Min: 12, Max: 21
- Melbourne: Partly cloudy. Min: 7, Max: 20
- Brisbane: Dry. Min: 10, Max: 26
- Perth: Cool, showers. Possibly hail. Min: 8, Max: 16
- Adelaide: Fine. Mostly sunny. Min: 9, Max: 23
- Hobart: Fine. Min: 5, Max: 16
- Canberra: Fine, morning frost. Min: 0, Max: 17
- Darwin: Fine and sunny. Min: 23, Max: 35