It’s lunch time!
The morning’s over and you need that little boost to energise you through the rest of the day. That’s where the lunch box comes in – interesting news, ideas for the evening and the all-important weather, in one neat package.
- The big news this morning was that Phil Cameron will be replaced by Alan Munro as the Lenovo country manager
- Almost as dramatic is the news that Internode suffered a power-failure outage to its datacentre
- Finally, security vendor, Clearswift, outlined a new channel plan of attack, with services certifications and online tools at the core of the revamped partner efforts
State of the market
- The market dropped sharply in morning trading before recovering and then dropped again. It has remained steady ever since. At close of trading, the S&P/ASX200 was down 13.7 points at 4663.7.
- The Aussie dollar is up on the greenback at $US0.8664. Gold is down to $US1004.9 an ounce while oil is also down to $US69.7 a barrel
- Oktoberfest accident: Aussie reveller crushed to death by train
- Wild weather: Sydney to be hit by 100km winds tomorrow
- Trapped: Miners stuck in cage underground
- Proud to be gay: The Liberal targeting safest of seats
- Newspoll: Voters back ETS but not early election
- Resources-driven boom: Success story riding on China's back
- Scientist:Single mothers 'defy evolution'
- Sun's too hot: Bizarre British tourist complaints
- Dope: Man grows cannabis in middle of busy Greek motorway
- Brownlow Medal: Ablett caps superb run to win easily
- Brownlow Medal (2): Diamonds are forever - WAGS photo gallery
- Brownlow Medal (3): Couples gallery
- Brownlow Medal (4): Check out the After Party (video)
- It's a fix: Renault guilty over 'crashgate'
- NRL: We're no dopes, insist Eels over Mortimer
- NRL (2): Noddy claims he's ready for Moimoi
- NRL (3): Broncos' Storm boy eager to reign over Melbourne
- Cricket: Finally, time to reflect for Ponting
- Tennis:Tomic won't learn until he listens, says coach
- Hot discs: 60 of the season's biggest records previewed
- Emmy Awards 2009: Funny thing about this comedy winner
- Emmy Awards 2009 (2): Highs and lows
- Beyonce: Needless bludgeoning and bombast
- Reality bites: Idol didn't make a cent on sales of 300,000 CDs
- 'Heavy drinking': Hoff in hospital
- Magwatch: Skeletor scares New York
- Cinema: (500) Days Of Summer - four-star flick
- Top vino: Wine's international supermodel
- Rolling on: Ronnie Wood reunites with 20-year-old girlfriend
For the evening:
- Nothing is more fun than playing superhero, and the new Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 game allows you to do just that. Take control of your favourite, and rein all kinds of comic destruction on your TV screen tonight.
- Sydney: Very windy. Mostly fine. Min: 15, Max: 22
- Melbourne: Windy and showers. Min: 10, Max: 17
- Brisbane: Dry. Min: 19, Max: 30
- Perth: Shower of two. Min: 11, Max: 20
- Adelaide: A few showers easing. Min: 10, Max: 19
- Hobart: A shower or two. Min: 7, Max: 16
- Canberra: Early rain easing. Windy. Min: 5, Max 13
- Darwin: Afternoon shower or storm. Min: 25, Max: 33