What’s for lunch today?
Snack down on some juicy news bits over lunch, and keep up to date with the goings-on in the world with the ARN lunch box!
- Ingram Micro has a shiny new $6 million datacentre to show off
- The Australian printer market is on the slide, according to IDC figures
- Finally, Acer has unveiled some touch screen products as it gears up for the Windows 7 launch
State of the market
- The market opened well in morning trading and leveled off in positive territory. It then held those early gains for the rest of the day. At 4pm the S&P/ASX200 was up 25.2 points at 4596.0 points.
- The Aussie dollar has dropped slightly to $US0.8610. Gold is down a small amount and selling for $US996.8 an ounce while oil is up to $US71.9 a barrel
- Myer sale: It's on
- Tragedy: School bus in fatal crash
- McGurk murder: Funeral held; letters to 'best Dad'
- Teen sailor: Intervention denied
- Political bent Howard and Costello battle Rudd over history
- Health: Hospitals chase private cash
- Scooby saved: 'Dog rescued from cave (video)
- Athletics: Secret of Semenya's sex stripped bare
- NRL: Lyon to play for Manly
- NRL (2): Late mail for weekend clashes
- NRL (3): Bunny chops - Taylor next?
- US Open tennis: Records keep on rolling for Roger
- AFL: Collingwood savaged by injuries
- AFL (2): Crows plan to silence Didak
- Ultimate rush: World Heli Challenge (video)
- Cold Chisel reform: One-off gig at V8 Supercars
- Powderfinger: Hear the new single
- Les Claypool: To tour and new album
- In production: Tomorrow When The War Began
- Summadayze: Line-up announced
- Gossip: Multi-million dollar deal for Jen Inc
- Weird but true: Paris immortalised for her wisdom
For the weekend:
We often forget the landmarks within our home cities, so this weekend we’re offering some suggestions for being a tourist at home.
Sydney’s easy – when was the last time you visited Sydney Tower?
- Sydney: Fine. Sunny. Min: 13, Max: 29
- Melbourne: Partly cloudy. Min: 13, Max: 25
- Brisbane: Fine. Min: 11, Max: 26
- Perth: Few showers. Min: 12, Max: 17
- Adelaide: Windy. Late shower. Min: 13, Max: 28
- Hobart: Mainly fine. Min: 10, Max: 19
- Canberra: Fine, mostly sunny. Windy. Min: 9, Max: 24
- Darwin: Fine, mostly sunny. Min: 23, Max: 34