- What’s for lunch today?
Snack down on some juicy news bits over lunch, and keep up to date with the goings-on in the world with the ARN lunch box!
- ASX-listed integrator, Empired, has rounded out a strong year with a positive financial result.
- Meanwhile, Nextgen managing director, Phil Sykes, said the NBN will be a failure without a thriving reseller channel.
State of the market
- The S&P/ASX200 rose strongly in early trading following positive signs from Wall St, but then settled about 9 points up by midday. ASFternoon trading was solid and at 4.15pm the SX200 was 18.9 points up at 4454.4.
The Aussie dollar is up against the USD, fighting through the 85 cent barrier, and is selling for $US0.8521. Gold is down slightly at $US996.7 an ounce while oil is trading steady at $US68 a barrel.
- McGurk affair: A murky past with many identities
- Cricket: Australia gets back-to-back wins in ODI
- Cricket (2): Ponting quits T20
- US Open tennis: Clijsters keeps alive her dream
- McEnroe: Hewitt can crack top 10 again
- AFL finals:Rampant Riewoldt stars as St Kilda down the Pies
- AFL finals (2): Collingwood to face Crows without Rocca and Pendlebury
- NRL: Broncos set up finals derby
- NRL (2): Roosters get the wooden spoon
- Football: Pim in SOS to stars to shore up defence
- Football - A League: Gold Coast's Porter may be out for seven weeks
- PiL reform: Rotten brings back seminal band for UK tour
- Let me entertain you: Williams to perform at the ARIAs
- Warm and fuzzy stuff: San Diego zoo's panda cam, gallery and pages for it's colony and new baby
- Hitler scare campaign: Lookalike used as face of AIDS in German ad (checkout the video)
- <i>Dancing With The Stars</i>: Adam Brand takes the trophy
- Reality TV child: Farmer Wants A Wife couple have a baby
- Looking good: Perth fashion festival
- More pay cuts: Seven stars Hawkins, Durie and Denyer to get less
- Ooga Booga showdown: Melbourne band in fight to use name
For the evening:
- The play A Woman in Berlin, which depicts a woman's personal experience of the fall of Berlin received a positive review in SMH. Sounds like its worth checking out.
- Sydney: Mostly fine. Min: 11, Max: 21
- Melbourne: Showers easing. Windy. Min: 9, Max: 15
- Brisbane: Early rain clearing. Min: 15, Max: 25
- Perth: Fine. Min: 7, Max: 19
- Adelaide: Fine. Party cloudy. Min: 9, Max: 17
- Hobart: Showers. Min: 7, Max: 13
- Canberra: Shower or two. Min: 4, Max: 13
- Darwin: Afternoon shower inland. Min: 24, Max: 32