- What’s for lunch today?
Snack down on some juicy news bits over lunch, and keep up to date with the goings-on in the world with the ARN lunch box!
- The merger between ComputerCorp and S Central has been called off, according to a statement release to the ASX.
- Avaya integrator, NSC, has taken on Nortel as a Gold vendor partner despite the vendor’s Chapter 11 status.
- Telstra has been left with egg on its face following a network failure that cut off international Internet access.
State of the market
- The market faced a sharp decline in morning trading, but the S&P/ASX200 gradually recovered during the day. At close of trading it was down 8.6 points at 4429.6.
- The Aussie dollar is trading slightly higher at $US0.8340. Gold is climbing well and selling for $US978.5 an ounce with oil prices steady at $68.1 a barrel.
- Economic confusion: Global stimulus plan faces collapse
- Emergency landing : Fuel leak forces Qantas jumbo down
- Della Bosca affair: Lover a comedy act
- Palin exposed: Can't cook, can't shoot
- Award delay: Workers and bosses 'worse off'
- No visas, boys?: Welcome to Australia
- Founder's claim: CBA panic led to Storm collapse
- Running hot: Socceroos reach all-time high FIFA ranking of 14
- NRL: Sailor has the kryptonite on hand for Hayne
- NRL (2): League defies the scandals
- Cricket: Windies may not bring top squad
- Golf: Goggin resigned to missing out
- US Open tennis: Hewitt flies the flag as Stosur and Guccione flop
- Racing: X-rays to determine Rebel Raider's future
- First look: The Beatles - Rock Band ... sing along with the Liverpool lads
- Get Back!: Beatles catalogue remastered
- Sneak peek: Shots from New Moon, the next instalment of the Twilight saga
- Model story: Fuller figure new Glamour look
- Cate cut: Blanchett injured in stage fight
- <i>Come to Life</i>: 'Private' Imbruglia comes 'home' for promo tour
- Missing Mathison: Idol not the same without him
- To settle in with an interesting account that covers the changing of a political era, check out Peter Hartcher’s new book <i>The Dramatic Story Behind The Fall Of John Howard And The Rise Of Kevin Rudd</i>
- Sydney: Rain, clearing later. Min: 14, Max: 21
- Melbourne: Windy. Shower or two. Min: 9, Max: 17
- Brisbane: Early shower, late thundery rain. Min: 14, Max: 23
- Perth: Evening showers. Min: 6, Max: 20
- Adelaide: Showers easing. Min: 10, Max: 17
- Hobart: A little rain. Min: 7, Max: 14
- Canberra: Fine, increasing sunshine. Min: 7, Max: 15
- Darwin: Fine, mostly sunny. Min: 23, Max: 33