- What’s for lunch today?
Welcome to the first day of Spring. Snack down on some juicy news bits over lunch, and keep up to date with the goings-on in the world with the ARN lunch box!
- Handset giant, Motorola has partnered with Alloy Computer Products to bring a new product to market.
- An Australian ISV is claiming that the global financial crisis has been good for their business as they sign a new deal.
- ASX-listed integrator, ComputerCorp, has reported a drop in revenue.
State of the market
- The market dropped in early trading thanks to negative leads from Wall St, but has since recovered and is on the way up. At 11:13am, the S&P/ASX200 was up 21.2 points.
- The Aussie dollar is slightly down at $US0.8425. Gold is trading lower at $US953.5 an ounce while oil prices are suffering from a 3.82 per cent drop up and selling for exactly $US70 a barrel.
- Caught out: Affair sinks Della Bosca
- Missing Minister: Found alive
- Ultimatum: Macklin tells NT it has four months to lift game on aboriginal housing
- Property prices: On the way up but bargains still available
- Turnbull: Rudd trapped by error
- Massive media deal: Disney acquires Marvel in $4.7 billion deal
- Apple: New iPods models tipped to be revealed
- Heavyweight contender: Meet Heathcliffe the giant burrowing cockroach
- 'I don't' anymore: Long-term Australian couples favouring divorce
- NRL: Witnesses claim intoxicated Sa slapped girlfriend
- NRL (2): Knights' loss ensures close finals race
- AFL: Suspensions shatter Bombers' finals campaign
- US Open tennis: Stosur struggles, Hewitt does it easy, both through
- Cricket: Voges added to one-day squad
- Winter Olympics: Ice queen gets green and gold light
- Football: Liverpool offload controversial goalkeeper
- <i>Guitar Hero V</i>: Cobain to feature in games showdown
- No satisfaction: UK police to review death of Rolling Stones guitarist Brian Jones
- <i>Australian Idol</i>: Springbett denies he's boring
- Oasis: Why Noel quit
- Oasis (2): Is this the end of the road?
- Reading Festival: Radiohead close with headline show
- Off The Cuff: Rob Zombie with Peter Travers
- Epic songs: Echo and the Bunnymen return with The Fountain
- Charlie Sexton: Back in Dylan's band
For the evening:
- It’s Tuesday, which means it’s a cheap time to hit the cinemas. Why not check out the latest royal film, <i>The Young Victoria?</i>
- Sydney: Fine. Partly cloudy. Min: 10, Max: 21
- Melbourne: Sunny. Min: 7, Max: 19
- Brisbane: Fine. Min: 10, Max: 24
- Perth: Shower or two. Min: 8, Max: 16
- Adelaide: Mainly fine. Min: 9, Max: 21
- Hobart: Fine. Min: 3, Max: 15
- Canberra: Fine, morning frost. Min: -2, Max: 16
- Darwin: Fine, mostly sunny. Min: 22, Max: 33