- What’s for lunch today?
Snack down on some juicy news bits over lunch, and keep up to date with the goings-on in the world with the ARN lunch box!
- ASX-listed integrator, UXC (ASX: UXC) posted a reduction in year-on-year profits despite an increase in its revenue.
- Emerson has added a new national distributor to its portfolio to chase after new business opportunities. That partner is Anixter.
- School students are now starting to get the netbooks promised under the DET initiative.
State of the market
- The markets bounced back after yesterday’s flat ending. The S&P/ASX200 closed up 38.8 points at 4489.6 - a 10-month high.
- The Aussie dollar is once again above the $US0.84 cent mark and now buys $US0.8411. Gold prices rose slightly to $US947.3 an ounce while oil climbed to $US72.5 a barrel.
- 18 years a sex slave: Kidnapped at 11 and kept in shed
- Horror smash: Family dies in F3 inferno
- Ski tragedy: Girl, 16 dies after skiing into tree
- Swine flu: Vaccine plan in disarray
- Bad hair day: Dogs can blame genes
- Economy: PM revamps stimulus package
- Cricket: Cox admits selection mistake
- AFL: Hawks won't challenge Franklin ban
- Racing:Jockeys facing tougher penalties
- Tennis:Hewitt handed horror US open draw
- NRL: Minichiello resigns with Roosters
- NRL: NRL keeps its hands off Inglis, Stewart
- Football:Villa make Rapid exit, Everton and Fulham progress
- Dean Turner RIP: Magic Dirt release statement
- Victoria's Secret:New commercial; Bay directs, Kerr features
- Gaming: Epic fail for Microsoft
- Wii: Making beautiful music together
- Fashion: Dusty - one wild beast
- Love Of Diagrams: New album reviewed
For the weekend:
- Get away from the city for the weekend – there’s nothing more relaxing than a few days away from traffic and noise. Some good areas to visit include the Blue Mountains, just outside of Sydney, the Margaret River in Western Australia, or hop on to the Great Ocean Road from Victoria.
- Sydney: Shower or two. Windy. Min: 13 Max: 27
- Melbourne: Rain at times. Min: 13, Max: 17
- Brisbane: Fine. Mine: 15, Max: 31
- Perth: Chance of a shower. Min: 4, Max: 16
- Adelaide: Showers. Min: 10, Max: 16
- Hobart: Showers. Min: 4, Max: 13
- Canberra: Rain periods. Min: 7, Max: 16
- Darwin: Fine, partly cloudy. Min: 22, Max: 33