- Another day another lunch
Snack down on some juicy news bits over lunch, and keep up to date with the goings-on in the world with the ARN lunch box!
- Telco notebook bundles are proving to be a hot area of business
- SAP’s results are showing positive for its Australia and New Zealand business
- Finally, have a look at our slideshow from Melbourne’s Expotech. Looks like everyone had fun
State of the market
- The market has been strong all day and continued to rise all day, almost doubling its lunchtime gains. The S&P/ASX200 closed up 92.8 points at 4435.9.
- The Aussie dollar is buying $US0.8335, Gold is up to $US952.5 an ounce and oil is up to $US70.2 a barrel
- Kokoda plane crash: 'More deaths inevitable at Track'
- Climate change: Senate kills emissions trading scheme bills
- Telstra: Sol's $9m final pay packet - for 10 months work
- Gents and jewels: Man arrested over record heist in London
- Freedom medal ceremony: Obama gets in a bit of flap (gallery)
- Feeding frenzy: Alien-like scenes as mountain chicken frog tadpoles feast
- Tony's opposition': Daughter calls him 'lame, gay churchy loser'
- HMAS Sydney: Captain ignored intelligence
- Meet Koda: The little horse that could
- The Ashes tour: KP likely to miss one-dayers
- Football: Cahill scores twice as Socceroos win 3-0
- Football (2): Germany, France win World Cup qualifiers
- Football (3): Supersub Defoe's double vindicates Capello as England draw 2-2
- Tennis: Clijsters comeback on track
- Paul Roos: 'Why I'm walking out on Swans'
- Inglis latest: Can't play, can train (soon)
- Fishing shock: Salmon in the Seine
- Too hard: Thom Yorke says no more Radiohead albums
- Heaven sent: Jessica Alba hot listed for the lead in remake of Barbarella
- Big bummer:Katy Perry banned from sideshow rides
- Pearl Jam: Live in London - with Ronnie Wood
- <i>Balibo:</i> Tragic, dramatic, enraging
- Matisyahu: Crowd-surfing Hasidic hip-hopper who rides a Harley
For the evening:
- Interested in Australian literature? The Macquarie PEN Anthology of Australian Literature looks like a safe bet.
- Sydney: Fine. Sunny. Min: 10, Max: 21
- Melbourne: Early shower clearing. Min: 9, Max: 18
- Brisbane: Fine. Min: 9, Max: 26
- Perth: Shower, windy. Min: 19, Max: 18
- Adelaide: Fine. Sunny. Min: 8, Max: 21
- Hobart: Mainly fine. Min: 7, Max: 14
- Canberra: Sunny, morning frost. Min: 2, Max: 16
- Darwin: Patchy fog then fine. Min: 19, Max: 31