- Hit the Web
What's happening in the world? Look no further. ARN's Lunch Box is designed to give you a quick fix of the news when you need it. Just hit the links and get the bigger picture.
- Apple seems to be having trouble addressing demand for the iPhone with its partners.
- Fuji Xerox has taken a step into retail print management with a deal with a liquor store chain.
State of the market
- The market leapt in early trading and while it has fluctuated over the morning, it remains 39.7 points up at 11:42am.
- The Aussie dollar is still faring well, buying $US0.8265. Gold recovered slightly from yesterday’s losses and trades at $US937.3 an ounce. Oil has rebounded from its earlier falls and currently sells for $US66.9 a barrel.
- Exposed: Wall Street banks' bonus game
- Powerball jackpot: Two winners share $80m
- Gates race row: Obama holds 'beer summit'
- No fun: Disney posts 26 per cent plunge in quarterly earnings
- 'Treated like Britney': Reporter videotaped nude has her say
- Strength to struth: Fosters cuts booze in VB
- The Ashes - Second Test: Watson makes his mark as an opener, Aust 1-126 at stumps
- FINA World Swimming Championships: Schipper and Sprenger smash world records
- Matthew Johns: The Dragons are looking like Premiers
- Crunch time for Kelli: Will AFL's first female caller make the cut
- Rugby Union: Wallabies out to end Newlands drought
- AFL: All the latest leading into round 18
- Cyber stalked: Goodrem and McFadden call in experts over Twitter stalker
- Random Notes: The week in pictures from Rolling Stone
- Lollapalooza: A week to go to the festival; checkout the line-up and funky site
- Snapped: Miss Universe Australia flees monster croc
- Sad song: Pete Murray and wife split
- Public Enemies: Rave review for Depp's gangster flick
For the weekend:
- If you’re in the mood for a read, there’s an interesting war-time book, The Wolf, reviewed by the SMH.
- Also reviewed in the SMH, Eleven Kitchen and Cellar sounds like a nice, reasonably priced meal.
- Having a day out in Adelaide? Try Jam the Bistro, a quaint modern mediterranean-style bistro in the city.
- Sydney: Mostly sunny. Min: 8, Max: 19
- Melbourne: Shower or two developing. Min: 9, Max: 17
- Brisbane: Fine. Min: 8, Max: 22
- Perth: Fine. Min: 4, Max: 21
- Adelaide: Becoming fine. Min: 7, Max: 17
- Hobart: Mainly fine. Min: 7, Max: 15
- Canberra: Fine, partly cloudy. Min: 2, Max: 13
- Darwin: Fine and sunny. Min: 17, Max: 31