- Hit the Web
What's happening in the world? Look no further. ARN's Lunch Box is designed to give you a quick fix of the news when you need it. Just hit the links and get the bigger picture.
- Observatory Crest continues to grow its presence locally with its second Australian partnership
- On the retail side of things, Samsung’s restructure has claimed a casualty in general manager of retail sales, Mark Beard
- Retail reseller giant, Retail Directions, has deepened its relationship with brand retailer Bendon with a solution rollout for the lingerie brand’s UK outlet.
State of the market
- The market recovered from yesterday’s drops and by close of trading was up 47.6 points thanks to continuing positive profit data.
- The Aussie dollar is still steady against its US counterpart, buying $US0.8179. Gold continues to fall, selling for $929.7 an ounce. Oil is down by 5.77 per cent and trading at $US63.4 a barrel.
- Radio rape case: DoCS and police to investigate
- Rudd's priorities: Climate change and jobs come first
- Online leak: Top-secret Obama safehouse revealed on LimeWire
- Twitter: New front page launched
- Macs attacked: Big, bad, new hack for compromised machines
- Shaggy dog story: Brisbane pooch missing for nine years found in Melbourne
- Big Mac attack: Burgers to be sold at children's hospital
- FINA World Swimming Championships: Hackett's 800m record latest to fall
- Formula 1: Look who's back - Michael Schumacher
- new Selection shock! Hughes dropped as opener
- NRL: Stewart on track for finals
- Tennis: Stosur into quarter-finals
- Back in black: AC/DC US tour begins - special report, set list, photos
- Michael Jackson: Autopsy released next week
- Love no more: Veronicas under attack from Courtney over image 'theft'
- Big sleazy no more?: Louis Nowra's Kings Cross (video)
- Need him today: Rob Thomas records with INXS
- With the final chapter of Battlestar Galactica in stores now – now is a good time for a marathon. One of the best TV series in recent times.
- Sydney: Fine. Mostly sunny. Min: 8, Max: 19
- Melbourne: Shower or two. Min: 9, Max: 16
- Brisbane: Fine. Min: 8, Max: 22
- Perth: Fine. Min: 4, Max: 20
- Adelaide: A shower or two. Min: 8, Max: 17
- Hobart: Mainly fine. Min: 6, Max: 13
- Canberra: Fine, partly cloudy. Min: 4, Max: 13
- Darwin: Fine and Sunny. Min: 18, Max: 31