- Hit the Web
What's happening in the world? Look no further. ARN's Lunch Box is designed to give you a quick fix of the news when you need it. Just hit the links and get the bigger picture.
- Broadband provider, Internode, has deployed a rather hefty Cisco Telepresence solution.
- Frost & Sullivan have claimed that there will be a small dip in the UC market this year, but it is a substantial growth area in the longer term.
State of the market
- The market got off to a rickety start, but then gathered momentum and by 11:30am was 7.7 points up. However, those gains quickly fell away in afternoon trading and at 2.45pm the market was down 17.1 points. It closed 26.7 points down.
- The Aussie dollar continues its slow but steady gain on the greenback, and currently buys $US0.8276. Gold suffered a sudden 1.53 per cent drop and sells for $US941.7 an ounce while oil fell by 1.68 per cent and currently trades at $US67.2 a barrel.
- Bank backs down: NAB to axe penalty fees on overdrawn accounts
- Crackdown: Lobbyist sacked for secret success fee
- Rates: RBA chief says rise looms
- Agreement US and China to work together on climate change to promote free trade
- NSW filter failure: Blocks education sites but not porn
- NBN: Will shift telcos focus
- Big stink: Pong over Pyrmont may be linked to Google
- Just too much: German sea lion dies of heart failure after marathon mating season
- FINA World Swimming Championships (1): Phelps beaten, loses record and says enough is enough when it comes to suits
- FINA suit controversy (2): Phelps and coach threaten boycott
- Switch of the year: Karmichael Hunt to ditch NRL for AFL
- new Johnson says his mum isn't too blame for form slump
- Athletics: McLellan smashes national record again
- Football: Spurs about to sell Bent - but to who?
- Comic-Con: Wows audiences, studios; Iron Man 2 short a big hit
- MasterChef: Seven cooking up challenger to the ratings smash
- 7pm Project: Ratings nosedive has Ten worried
- House of props: Auctions off 90 years of movie and tv memorabilia
- Bid on history: House of props auctions here
- Doctor Who: Honoured by Guinness Book Of World Records
- Try swallowing this: The most revolting dish ever made
- Australia's fave meal: Yes, meat and three veg still rules
- There’s an interesting-looking play doing the rounds at the moment – Cat and Mouse – by Thomas Sainsbury. SMH review
- Sydney: Fine. Sunny. Min: 8, Max: 19
- Melbourne: Shower or two. Min: 8, Max: 16
- Brisbane: Fine. Min: 7, Max: 22
- Perth: Fine. Min: 5, Max: 20
- Adelaide: Shower or two. Min: 10, Max: 16
- Hobart: Shower or two. Min: 6, Max: 13
- Canberra: Fine. Min: 1, Max: 13
- Darwin: Fine and sunny. Min: 19, Max: 32