Show us your lunch box
We’ve had the ploughman’s lunch box, sushi and sandwiches, and now we want your lunch! Have you got an image for a lunch that is particularly delectable? Send it to us and we’ll put it up in our new section, the lunch box!
All we need is a high resolution image of a tasty midday meal. Send what you’ve got on to Matthew Sainsbury at firstname.lastname@example.org In the mean time, enjoy today’s snack:
Goings on in the channel
- The NBN continues to roll forwards, with the formation of TNBNco in Tasmania.
- Online retailer, OzDirect, has found itself in a spot of bother with the ACCC.
- Synnex held its roadshow in Perth. See the pictures here.
State of the market
- The morning started with a 25 point spike in trading following positive signs from the US and an improved outlook from Nouriel Roubini. But the gains slowed, then reversed and it now sits on a 3.5 point gain.
- The Aussie dollar has dropped back below the 80 cent mark, and now buys $US0.7995. Gold suffered a $US4 drop and is trading at $935.4 an ounce while oil is selling for $US62 a barrel.
- Terrorists strike: Car bomb goes off near shops after two hotels bombed
- Nuttall jailed: Corrupt former minister gets seven years
- Fortune beckons: Backpacker Jamie Neal to donate $200,000 from media deal
- Monstered: Attack of the giant flying squid
- Rider on the storm: Toddler on truck survives 13km river trip
- Ashes: Strauss canes Aussie as England reach 6-364
- Comeback king?: Wayne Carey considers a return
- Tour De France: Status quo maintained
- NRL: Preview all the weekend's action
- AFL: All the latest news leading into Round 16
- Freak out: Mischa Barton under involuntary psychiatric hold
- Tour accident: Madonna stage collapses, one dead, nine hurt
- Masterchef: Chris out, Julie and Poh face off in final
- Michael Jackson: New song surfaces on the Net
For the weekend:
- Treat yourself to a great weekend starter with the SMH’s top 10 breakfast specials.
- Looking for some big sales? The Age has listed several.
- Flamenco group, Noche Flamenca, is running Camino in Perth this weekend. The WA Today has the details here.
- Sydney: Fine. Mostly sunny. Min: 7, Max: 17
- Melbourne: A little late rain. Windy. Min: 5, Max: 15
- Brisbane: Fine. Cold at first. Min: 5, Max: 21
- Perth: Shower or two, increasing later. Min: 10, Max: 19
- Adelaide Possible late shower. Min: 8, Max: 16
- Hobart Fine. Min: 2, Max: 10
- Canberra Fine, morning frost. Min: -1, Max: 12
- Darwin Fine and sunny. Min: 17, Max: 30