Having a busy day? Browsing the Web for news over lunch? Welcome to the ARN Lunch Box!
Each day we will pull together news bits and pieces from all over the Internet for your convenience. Sport, entertainment and weather will join a summary of the key channel stories for the day, saving you from dredging through link after link, looking for the interesting bits.
Goings on in the channel
- Data#3 has had a massively impressive result given the economic climate, announcing a record result to the ASX.
- Altech is taking another shot at graphics cards with its new vendor, XFX.
- Following Microsoft’s huge announcement that it is overhauling its partner program, local partners have expressed mixed feelings at the news.
State of the market
- The market enjoyed a sharp rise in early trading, but leveled off by 11am. The market is currently up 29 points from yesterday’s significant gains.
- One Aussie dollar will buy you $US0.7931 while gold and oil prices remain relatively stable. Gold is trading at $922.8 an ounce while oil is selling for $US59.5 a barrel.
- Not so stimulating: Rudd Government's stimulus spending held back.
- Living on the line: Third of Aussies wouldn't survive a month on savings if they lost their job.
- Holy Harry: Vatican changes tune, now says Potter a force for good.
- 105 days in isolation: Virtual mission to Mars
- Charlie folds: Sydney tiler's $10 million poker dream over.
- Sir Lunchalot: NSW minister spends $150,000 on wining and dining.
- State Of Origin: Meninga - Show no mercy, kill off the Blues.
- Ashes: Former UK coach unleashes bouncer at Ponting.
- Tour De France: Cavendish wins a third stage.
- UK football: First Tevez, now Terry for Man City?
- Radical manouevre: New board design reshapes the xperience
- Coldplay's MJ tribute: Watch Chris Martin and co perform Thriller live + lots more.
- Nine Inch Nails: Reznor pulls pin on touring but band lives on.
- Masterchef: Julia out but Chris is in.
- Shooting stars: The best celebrity snapshots for the week.
For the evening:
- Looking for a new book? Joe Abercrombie’s Best Served Cold is an interesting new release.
- Sydney: Chance shower, mainly coastal. Min: 7, Max: 16
- Melbourne: Partly cloudy. Shower or two. Min: 7, Max: 14
- Brisbane: Fine, cool. Min: 7, Max: 18
- Perth: Few showers. Min: 10, Max: 17
- Adelaide: Light shower or two. Min: 9, Max: 16
- Hobart: A little drizzle. Min: 05, Max: 10
- Canberra: Mostly fine, morning frost. Min: -2, Max: 11
- Darwin: Fine, dry and sunny. Min: 16, Max: 29