Having a busy day? Browsing the Web for news over lunch? Welcome to the ARN Lunch Box!
Each day we will pull together news bits and pieces from all over the Internet for your convenience. Sport, entertainment and weather will join a summary of the key channel stories for the day, saving you from dredging through link after link, looking for the interesting bits.
Goings on in the Channel
- Clearswift has started pushing back into channels business with a partnership with Firewall Systems.
- Despite losing key vendor partners TodayTech remains defiant, and confident its business will survive.
- Digital World Warehouse is bringing a new toy for gamers into the market, thanks to a partnership with vendor, Speedblack.
State of the market
- The ASX got off to a rollercoaster start, dropping almost 20 points at the start of this week’s trading. While it quickly recovered the losses, it plunged again and by 3.45pm was down 52.1 points.
- One Aussie dollar buys $US0.7797, Gold is trading at US$912.5 and oil is trading at $US59.9 a barrel.
- Rio Tinto 'spy' scandal: Chinese President alleged to be behind probe.
- Holding pattern: Virgin Blue shares in trading halt; announcement expected.
- Net tycoons to face off: BT Projects' Daniel Tzvetkoff denies siphoning off $35m.
- Robots turned off: In Japan, machines for work and play are idle.
- Not-so-fishy story: Deformed fish found in Noosa River.
- German F1 Grand Prix: At last! Webber wins one.
- Ashes - Ist Test: So close, so far, as England holds out for draw.
- Tour De France:Stage nine - no change at the top.
- AFL: Eagles push Saints to the limit.
- NRL: Dragons rip Sea Eagles to shreds.
- Triple J Hottest 100: Nirvana tops the countdown, Buckley and Radiohead poll well.
- Box office victory: Bruno wins but Ice Age continues to out-monster everything.
- News choice: Bath to jump in deep-end
- Reality bites: MasterChef Australia lifts Ten's audience share.
For the evening:
- Winged Creatures has hit cinema screens. Three stars in the SMH.
- Sydney: Mostly fine. Min: 9, Max: 17.
- Melbourne: Cloudy. Isolated showers from the morning. Shower or two. Min: 8, Max: 14.
- Brisbane: Cloud increasing, a little rain. Min: 11, Max: 21.
- Perth: Fine. Min: 3, Max: 17.
- Adelaide: Showers. Min: 9, Max: 13.
- Hobart: Fine. Min: 5, Max: 12.
- Canberra: Possible shower or two. Min: 4, Max: 12.
- Darwin: Fine and sunny. Min: 20, Max: 31.