Goings on in the Channel
- Queensland is proving to be a goldmine for Computercorp as education and government spending continues to create opportunities.
- Meanwhile, Namco Bandai has latched onto a potential cash tree of its own with the purchase of Atari distribution, both here and overseas.
- And not to be outdone in finding opportunities, Internode has become the first ISP to make use of the Basslink to access Tasmania.
State of the market
The ASX all ordinaries had a poor start to the day, dropping 41.1 points to 3725.9, but in afternoon trading it recovered much of the ground to sit at 3760.1, a fall of 6.8, at the time of writing.
The dollar is sitting at $US0.7864, Gold is trading at $US929.1, up 0.52 per cent, and crude oil is selling at $US62.05, down $US0.88.
- Michael Jackson: Farewell to the King of Pop
- Sydney crimewave: Robbed at gunpoint - for an iPod
- Looking good: Consumer confidence hits a new high
- Obama makes progress: US and Russia agree to disagree
- Tour De France: Evans' hopes slump as Armstrong closes in on yellow jersey.
- The Ashes: Ponting says Australia will win - well, he wouldn't say we'll lose!
- State Of Origin: Lyons out as Blues try - desperately - to find ways to avoid whitewash.
- AFL: Big, bad, retired, Barry Hall - checkout the highs and the lows
- Gossip: Perez Hilton has the low down on Jackson, Lohan, Britney and more.
- Coldplay: Download the free live album now.
- Black Eyed Peas: Time to shake some booty - tour and pre-sale info.
- Next Top Model: Winner gets nosebleed, $20,000 and a bunch of contracts.
- Harry Pothead? Who's a dope? School bully charged with growing marijuana.
For this evening: Bruno: Sacha Baron Cohen’s Borat follow-up gets three stars with Empire.
- Sydney: A few showers. Mostly cloudy. Light to moderate southwest to southeast winds. Min: 10, Max: 17
- Melbourne: Local fog and frost, then a mainly sunny day. Winds north to northeasterly averaging 15 to 25 km/h. Min: 6, Max: 16
- Brisbane: A shower or two. Moderate to fresh and gusty S to SE winds. Min: 13, Max: 19
- Perth: Showers, easing. Min: 11, Max: 18
- Adelaide: Fine. High cloud increasing during the day. Cool with light to moderate northeast winds. Min: 6, Max: 16
- Hobart: Fine with early frost patches. Light to moderate northwest winds. Min: 3, Max 13
- Canberra: Cloudy periods with the chance of a light shower. Light to moderate southeast winds. Min: 2, Max: 13
- Fine and sunny. Moderate southeast winds before an afternoon seabreeze. Min: 18, Max: 31