PC Solutions Briefs: Tech Pacific, Toshiba, Panasonic, Hitachi

PC Solutions Briefs: Tech Pacific, Toshiba, Panasonic, Hitachi

Tech Pacific ACT!s in Phillipines distributionInteract Commerce Corporation has announced it has signed an agreement with Tech Pacific for the sole distribution of the company's ACT! software in the Phillipines.

Both companies feel the deal is a positive move towards expanding business both in the Phillipines and in other overseas markets.

"We look forward to a mutually beneficial business partnership with Interact Commerce," said Tech Pacific's Phillipines country manager Jesus Jaime Lantin, declaring the partnership was a "strategic fit" in Tech Pac's drive to bring top bundled software to the market.

According to Interact Commerce, the Asia-Pacific market has a product growth rate of around 400 per cent. The company will now begin working to launch the product as well as provide technical support to resellers and ACT!-certified consultants.

Toshiba and Panasonic ink LCD fab plans

Two of Japan's leading electronics manufacturers, Toshiba and Matsushita Electric Industrial, better known by its Panasonic brand name, are planning to jointly construct an LCD manufacturing plant in Singapore.

The two will form a 50 billion yen ($821 million) joint venture in March, in which Toshiba will take a 67 per cent stake and Matsushita the remaining 33 per cent.

Mass production of polysilicon thin-film transistor LCD panels is scheduled to begin in July 2002, after which the two companies expect to invest an additional 123 billion yen to increase production capacity. The partners said this would be the highest output of any polysilicon LCD factory.

The displays will be used in a wide range of digital products, ranging from video telephones to flat-panel TVs.

Hitachi reorganises

Hitachi has outlined a series of organisational changes as part of an ongoing business plan to be put in effect through to March 2003. Among the changes announced, the Tokyo-based electronics vendor plans to spin off its Instruments and Semiconductor Manufacturing Equipment Groups and merge them with Nissei Sangyo.

This change should take effect on October 1, with the new company named Hitachi Advanced Technologies. Final approval for the deal is expected in June. Nissei Sangyo is a high-tech trading company and part of the Hitachi Group.

The decision to restructure was made to help company management respond more quickly to changes in markets such as semiconductor manufacturing equipment and biotechnology products, the companies said.

Follow Us

Join the newsletter!


Sign up to gain exclusive access to email subscriptions, event invitations, competitions, giveaways, and much more.

Membership is free, and your security and privacy remain protected. View our privacy policy before signing up.

Error: Please check your email address.

Brand Post

Show Comments