gotalk Launches Password Protected “kid proof” Data Reserve Feature
- 26 April, 2009 14:43
<p>gotalk Launches Password Protected “kid proof” Data Reserve Feature</p>
<p>Parents will love it – gamers will hate it!</p>
<p>Press Release: Sydney: April 27</p>
<p>• Trans Tasman Telco gotalk has just released a “ground breaking” family Data Reserve feature enabling the broadband account holder to password protect 20% of their peak use.
• The innovative new service will be introduced as part of gotalk’s standard product offering at no extra cost.
• (Media contacts: CEO Steve Picton 0416 269 177; PR Terry Quinn 0439 710 418)
• Visit www.gotalk.com.au for more details on gotalk’s Super Speed broadband services, Data Blocks and Data Reserves.</p>
<p>“One of the most frustrating and frequently reported problems by family broadband users today is the inability of parents to control – and therefore to limit – the download use of game playing children using up the entire household broadband data allowance well before the end of the month”, gotalk CEO Steve Picton said today.</p>
<p>“So gotalk has come up with an innovative solution – a password protected Data Reserve which can only be accessed by the parent account holder”, Mr. Picton said. “In fact it is a great feature for anyone who shares their broadband connection with young or old”.</p>
<p>“The gotalk Data Reserve ring fences 20% of the peak monthly allowance, which is set aside (reserved) and can only be unlocked by the account holder. Even if the other 80% of download allowance has been used by other family members, the parent account holder can go to the gotalk website, login to their account and unshape their broadband plan for 30, 60, 90 or more minutes and use their remaining 20% Data Reserve,” Picton said.</p>
<p>“Think of it like the reserve fuel tank of a four-wheel drive”.</p>
<p>“The fuel gauge may say empty but you know that there's still some more fuel there. This won't be an extra service — it is included as part of gotalk's standard broadband offering at no extra cost”.</p>
<p>The new gotalk Data Reserve feature will allow parents to control – and enjoy - a full speed internet experience prior to their next month’s data allowance becoming available.</p>
<p>“The password protected Data Reserve is in addition to the Data Block feature recently released which enables customers who have been shaped (slowed down) to purchase additional Data Blocks for as little as $5 to unshape either their peak or off-peak usage by topping up their standard data allowance,” Mr. Picton said.</p>
<p>“We believe our Data Reserve will position gotalk as a market leader in the delivery of innovative broadband services.”</p>
<p>“What’s more it will help save the family budget in tough economic times. gotalk’s Data Reserve adds extra value into our great range of broadband plans which are all designed to save you money,” Picton said.</p>
<p>1. By password protecting 20% of their peak allowance for account holder use only, gotalk’s new Data Reserve feature lets parents use their broadband at full speed even if the kids have gamed away the remaining 80% of their monthly allowance.
2. Mum and Dad can unshape their broadband service for varying periods of time to enable them to enjoy the full speed benefits of gotalk Super Speed broadband. At other times, family members receive a shaped (slowed) service.
3. gotalk’s Data Reserve feature enables broadband plan usage to be controlled, avoiding the need to change to more costly plans with larger data allowances.
4. gotalk’s recently released Data Blocks allow customers to purchase more peak or off-peak data allowance at any time for a small fee to keep their plan running at full speed, should Mum and Dad run out of their Data Reserve in a busy month.
5. gotalk’s new Super Speed broadband plans offer either 8Mbps or 20Mbps plans to 90% of Australian homes and businesses.</p>
<p>Call gotalk on 1800 GOTALK (1800 468 255) or visit www.gotalk.com.au to find out more about our Super Speed broadband plans, Data Blocks and Data Reserves.</p>
<p>NOTE: gotalk is also now reselling Telstra ADSL2+, giving access for 90% of Australians to gotalk 8Mbps and ADSL2+ services. Picton says "The combination of the quality and reach of the Telstra broadband network and gotalk's innovation and low cost delivery offers the very best consumer proposition to the widest possible audience".</p>
<p>Established in 2000, the Australian owned gotalk group occupies a unique position in the telecommunications industry. With sales in excess of $160 million per annum, operations in Australian and New Zealand and over 150 staff, the gotalk group has grown steadily through acquiring other businesses and creating new and exciting cutting edge products.
The group is comprised of these companies:</p>
<p>gotalk provides Australia’s best value complete range of phone and internet services; line rental, local calls and long distance, dial up and broadband internet, mobile and VoIP.</p>
<p>cardcall is Australia’s leader in prepaid calling cards. Our cards, Daybreak, Happy Calling, Say G'day, SuperSaver and OZcall to name a few, are sold in over 30,000 retailers and around 300,000 new phonecard services are activated each month.</p>
<p>Telecorp provides voice services to the Australian and New Zealand telecommunication industry. Our network carries over 1 billion minutes of call traffic per year, or about 20% of all Australian outbound international calls.</p>
<p>gotalk is committed to providing low cost competitive rates backed up by exceptional quality customer service. Our customers enjoy a range of innovative and great value services.</p>
<p>The gotalk group has corporate partnerships with many of Australia’s and New Zealand’s top retailers. The company has a large operations centre located at Varsity Lakes on Queensland's Gold Coast, while its corporate office is located in Sydney.</p>
- Australia’s newest IT consulting powerhouse goes public after $70M IPO
- Govt gets over 30 data breach notifications in three weeks under new disclosure laws
- Scamwatch round-up – ASIC, ATO and more
- Over 90 Telstra Wholesale jobs hit by workforce changes
- Cirrus Networks wins $1.6M networking deal with Austrade