Symantec State of Spam Report - February 2009
- 10 February, 2009 14:28
<p>Here is the February State of Spam Report from Symantec. This report reviews spam activity throughout the month of January.
<p>A closer observation of spam tactics in Asia Pacific this past month revealed some interesting highlights:</p>
<p>During the past couple of weeks we’ve seen spam volume return to its pre-McColo level, now accounting for more than 79 percent of all email
· Need the perfect valentine’s day gift? Spammers provide suggestions ranging from enhancement products to free shopping sprees</p>
<p>· Spammers get caught up in Obamania during inauguration</p>
<p>· Year of the Ox brings continued abuse of the cn ccTLD often attempting to direct recipients to “offers” of pharmaceutical products</p>
<p>If you would like more information on the February State of Spam Report please contact one of the representatives below.</p>
<p>+61 2 9954 3492</p>
<p>+61 2 8879 1110</p>
- Microsoft hints at early April release of Windows 10's next feature upgrade
- TechnologyOne accused of bullying, again
- Can the channel capitalise on Australia’s new mandatory data breach notification laws?
- Australian Govt flags HP laptop battery recall
- Consumer watchdog flags further action over NBN speed claim issues