Emerging Leaders 2019
MySpot SOS "Panic Button" Smartphone Application could save lone worker lives
- 04 December, 2008 13:34
<p>PRESS RELEASE : Sydney Thursday December 4:
<p>• Controversial Australian developed MySpot “Guardian Angel” GPS software which turns a wide range of smartphones (see attached) into sophisticated personal satelite tracking devices with a one click SOS “Panic Button” application will be released nationally in December and January.
• The “MySpot” SOS V.3 GPS Tracking and Safety Phone Software from PhantomEye is the latest “commercial” or business upgrade of the original software which was released in November 2007 and already successful in Europe.
• Simply downloaded and installed, the locally developed software can be monitored by a home base laptop in real time via the internet allowing “at risk” lone workers such as night security guards on their rounds, forrestry workers away from base camp, or energy/phone company linesmen to call for assistance at the touch of a pre-configured SOS “panic button” which instantly sounds an audio alarm and “red flags” the workers exact current location data on a Google Map – plus an “electronic breadcrumb” display of the route the worker has been following immediately leading up to the emergency call.
• The software can also be programmed to send a SOS location emergency call if the worker is unconscious or has had an accident and is unable to turn off the “Panic Button” after a pre arranged set time has elapsed.
• However, while the sofware can instantly and automatically call for immediate assistance for people at risk – potentially saving lives – MySpot V.3 has been criticised as having potentially unwelcome “Big Brother” applications which could intrude on workers individual privacy. Employers argue that the software allows them to fulfil their legal “duty of care” to employees and the lifesaving applications of the software far outweighs any potential for privacy invasion.
• National GPS marketing specialists Gofinder will be first to market with the latest “commercial” V.3 version of the successful “MySpot” SOS GPS Smartphone Personal Tracking and Safety Phone Software from next week.
• “If you live alone, work alone, travel alone or simply just want the peace of mind to be able to notify family ort loved ones of your location (the software uses Google and Sensis Maps to leave an electronic “breadcrumbs” trail of your most recent movements and current location). A SOS message triggered from your phone will not only relay your location to all those people on your web account but also call up any emergency number or SMS you have defined,” Graham Thomas from Gofinder said today.
• The easily downloadable Tracking and Safety conversion kit costs $299 with a monthly online subscription of $24.95 or less if paid annually.</p>
<p>(For more information please contact Graham Thomas 0427 783 333 , Terry Quinn 0439 710 418, National Distributor Tony Hook 0418 439 330.
or go to www.gofinder.net)
IN MORE DETAIL:</p>
<p>MySpot V.3 Tracking and Safety Phone Software
GPS “SOS” Touch Button Safety for Everyone</p>
<p>• New innovative “guardian angel” software that turns GPS enabled GSM mobile phones such as the Nokia models attached, into a sophisticated personal tracking device has just been released.
• The Australian developed software can be monitored in real time via the internet allowing “at risk” lone workers such as night security guards on their rounds, to call for assistance at the touch of a pre-configured SOS panic button which instantly shows the workers exact location data.
(For more information please contact Graham Thomas 0427 783 333 , Terry Quinn 0439 710 418, National Distributor Tony Hook 0418 439 300
or go to www.gofinder.net)</p>
<p>According to its developers, when installed in the latest Nokia GPS Mobiles, the Tracking and Safety Phone has the potential to save the lives of injured or threatened lone security guards, council workers and a range of night workers from paramedics, mental health nurses, office cleaning staff – in fact anyone who works alone - and can be used to trace “lost and confused” Alzheimer’s patients plus keep an eye on patients discharged early from hospital..</p>
<p>Distributed by GPS specialists Gofinder, the MySpot SOS V.3 Tracking and Safety Phone Software captures GPS location data at pre-set intervals controlled by the user and allows supervisors working from a home base laptop to monitor the location and safety of workers in the field at set, pre determined intervals.</p>
<p>“Of course the software has many other uses apart from the more dramatic obvious life saving scenarios for lone workers in the field who may find themselves in difficult, dangerous and unforseen circumstances of duress,” Gofinder spokesman Graham Thomas said today. “Once installed, the software can also be used to provide a verifiable record of workers (such as a security guard on night rounds) exact location and the time he or she was at that location over a shift period – something which is often a point of contention between the security firm and their clients – and even between guards and management.”</p>
<p>“With this software there will be irrifutable proof via a history report and therefore no basis for any argument or dispute whatsoever,” Mr. Thomas said.</p>
<p>“For travellers, lone forestry workers and the like, the Gofinder Tracking and Safety Phone can set out a series of electronic ‘breadcrumbs’ showing the exact trail on a Google Map plus the last recorded location, and the time that location was recorded,” he said.</p>
<p>“The Gofinder Tracking and Safety Phone enables employers to fulfil their legal workplace duty of care to employees working alone – but could also just as easily be used by parents wanting to ensure the safety of their children to or from school– or just out partying on Saturday night,” Mr. Thomas said.</p>
<p>“The software works with any telco, is Symbian approved, easily downloaded and installed and doesn’t affect any existing functions.”</p>
<p>The Tracking and Safety Phone Software has two way “real time” capabilities – it allows users to send a position at any time via their Nokia preconfigured phone – and it allows supervisors to request a current position report at any time from a confidential GOFINDER website page to be viewed online</p>
<p>“The mobile may be polled on demand for a location at any time,.” Mr. Thomas said. “The message is then stored on the website and is accessible by logging in to the website from PC or mobile and can be displayed on a Sensis street map.
“If a worker finds him/herself in a situation of duress - a panic message may be sent to a dedicated number and will then be broadcast to a notification list of mobile phone numbers and email addresses and result in an audible red alert on the user’s GOFINDER webpage.
“An SMS with coordinates can also be sent to a pre defined user.”
“As an additional safeguard, a pre programmed condition check may be set so an automatic panic message is sent after a specified time determined by the user has elapsed and if no acknowledgement is made within the period. For example this application can be used by a security guard entering a building to investigate a possible break in. The SOS Panic Alert can be timed to activate if the security guard fails to exit the building and report after a certain time has elapsed.”</p>
<p>Mr. Thomas said that the software also allowed an “electronic fence” to be set on the website nominating a specific area so that if breached, an automatic alert will be sent by SMS and/or email.
“ Of course we understand that GPS does not usually work indoors, however the latest Nokia phones are equipped with Assisted GPS (AGPS) which, although not as accurate as GPS, can still provide a location in places where other GPS devices would fail.</p>
<p>The Gofinder Tracking and Safety Phone Software Features
• Emergency Number input
• Stored History of Locations
• Time last position was sent
• Send an SOS to a user defined number which will also be dialled allowing a two-way voice call. e.g. Security centre
• Send Current Position to be displayed as a street address on a Sensis map
• Send Auto SOS
• Continuous Tracking Mode
• Can be configured to initiate at the touch of a side button on phone (Depending on model)</p>
<p>COST: NOKIA GPS Mobiles retail from $500 or are available from $0 on plans.</p>
<p>• THE TRACKING AND SAFETY CONVERSION KIT COSTS $299 with a monthly online subscription of $24.95 or less if paid annually</p>
<p>Main Features in summary:</p>
<p>Your subscription plan includes online access to:
• The last location of the mobile plotted on Sensis street level mapping.
• The ability to poll the mobile via the web page at any time (SMS cost extra) to find its location.
• Receiving regular location reports at specified intervals that can be plotted as a “breadcrumb” trail on Google maps as well as appearing in a History report. “Track On” and “Track Off” may be set online.
• Setting an electronic security fence which if breached will send a notification by free email and SMS (cost extra) to a list of contacts.
• A duress alarm system that enables the mobile to send a panic message, first to a dedicated SMS number and then broadcast to a notification list of mobile numbers and email addresses, which results in an audible red alert on the Gofinder web page. A number specified on the phone is also called, and if picked up opens a two – way communication channel. A “Condition Check” may be set, so that an automatic panic message is sent after the lapse of a specified time e.g the user can set a one hour condition check when entering a situation of potential risk, and if not reset, will result in a panic message being sent after 59 minutes.</p>
<p>Ends Gofinder Tracking and Safety Phone.</p>