Media releases are provided as is by companies and have not been edited or checked for accuracy. Any queries should be directed to the company itself.

Competition in the ANZ Secure Content Management Market Remains Fierce, Says IDC

  • 27 August, 2008 10:58

<p>Sydney, 27 August 2008, Despite a small number of vendors, a new IDC report shows competition in Secure Content Management (SCM) software remains fierce in Australia and New Zealand (ANZ).</p>
<p>IDC's latest study titled, Australia and New Zealand Secure Content Management Competitive Analysis 2008, features a detailed competitive analysis of the leading SCM software suite vendors in the ANZ market including Symantec, McAfee, Trend Micro, Sophos and CA. Together, these organisations account for over 80% of the market, with the remaining 20% heavily fragmented. The report also contains an analysis of Microsoft, a more recent entrant into the SCM market.</p>
<p>"Leading vendors continue to expand their offerings to differentiate themselves and remain competitive in the market. In particular, investing in information protection and control (IPC) solutions, to address growing business challenges related to protecting and controlling sensitive business information", says Patrik Bihammar, Senior Analyst, Security Solutions, IDC Australia and New Zealand.</p>
<p>"To be successful in this highly competitive market, vendors need to not only address current security threats and challenges, but also constantly innovate and improve their offerings and go-to-market strategies. Specifically, key growth opportunities for vendors exist in IPC and Web security, as well as in offering hybrid security models, combining on-premise and services hosted in the cloud,” adds Bihammar.</p>
<p>The report includes an IDC Leadership Grid that evaluates the competitive position of the key SCM vendors in ANZ and provides insights to trends, developments and challenges in this highly competitive market.</p>
<p>On IDC’s website,, this media release relates to document # AZ326201Q, Australia and New Zealand Secure Content Management Competitive Analysis, 2008.</p>
<p>This report is now available. To purchase this report, please contact Lady Gueco, Business Development Manager on +61 2 9925 2261 or</p>
<p>For press enquires please contact:
Patrik Bihammar
Senior Analyst Security Solutions and System Management Software, IDC
02 9925 2278</p>
<p>Sally Taylor-Phillips
Marketing Communications Manager, IDC
+61 2 9925 2234</p>
<p>About IDC
IDC is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications, and consumer technology markets. IDC helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy. More than 1000 IDC analysts provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends covering over 110 countries worldwide. For more than 44 years, IDC has provided strategic insights to help our clients achieve their key business objectives. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research, and events company. You can learn more about IDC by visiting or</p>
<p>During 2008, IDC is celebrating its 30th birthday in Australia.</p>

Most Popular