Which software vendor has axed some key staff, including a former country manager demoted during a merger? Apparently everybody else knew he was going except him . . . The IT analyst world was shaken up last week by the resignation of Gartner analyst Joe Sweeney after it was discovered he was a major investor in a porn site. Not surprisingly, Sweeney was previously the author of a piece of research entitled Referral Revenue Models Perfected by Adult Web Sites. His spin on the porn model was quoted in several Australian publications, including the Sydney Morning Herald and ARN sister publication Channel X. We congratulate Sweeney - for once an analyst knew what he was talking about and practiced what he preached! . . . Can you name the distributor that is turning over approximately $60 million a year that is on the brink of extinction? Only a matter of time? . . . There is one way to guarantee your vendor partner won't screw you - encourage them to move next door! Tabloid spies have reason to believe our good friends at Iomega are exiting their current premises and moving in right next door to one of their distributors, Siltek.
- Australia linked to Japan and the US via new submarine cable system
- Epson hunts new partners as first program launches in Australia
- Chip demand helps Samsung's second-quarter profit jump 23%
- Cirrus Networks wins over $10M in contracts
- More News
- 29 Jul
- How Partners Can Help Their Customers Make The Most Of Cloud As The Future Of Wo...
- 10 Nov
- EDGE 2020
- 20 Nov
- ARN WIICTA 2020
- 10 Nov
- World Business Forum Sydney 2020
- View all events