EDGE 2020 Goes Virtual
<p>Empowers Enterprises to Boost Workforce Productivity and Enable Faster, Smarter Decision-Making with an Easy and Customizable User Experience</p>
<p>Sydney, Australia, 19 April, 2004 - Interwoven Inc. (Nasdaq: IWOV), the world’s next generation enterprise content management (ECM) company, today announced the availability of TeamSite 6.1 Content Server Software, further extending usability, scalability, and standards-based Web content management (WCM) infrastructure into the enterprise. This new release builds on the widely successful TeamSite 6.0 platform that is enabling businesses around the globe to effectively and efficiently build, deploy, and manage critical Internet, intranet, and extranet properties.</p>
<p>TeamSite 6.0 Content Server software has been adopted by a record number of customers since its release just six months ago. Much of the rapid adoption is driven by the world-class user interfaces introduced in TeamSite 6.0 that enable business-focused individuals anywhere in the enterprise to participate in the content publishing and review processes. TeamSite 6.0 provides the foundation for enterprises implementing Web content management for powering Internet, extranet, and intranet properties.</p>
<p>"Creating a system that can be used by contributors at all technical skill levels has been a challenge for CMS vendors," said Andy Warzecha, senior vice president, META Group, Inc. "Business users in particular need an interface that's intuitive and doesn't force them to learn a new way of doing everyday business. Only by providing interfaces that serve business users can a CMS system rise to its full potential as an essential business tool that streamlines processes and ensures the rapid, accurate deployment of content to various eBusiness initiatives enterprise-wide."</p>
<p>About TeamSite 6 Platform
Interwoven TeamSite 6.0 extends content management access to all business users and enables them to maintain control and distributed ownership of content across the enterprise. The TeamSite 6.0 interface framework features an intuitive, customizable user experience designed to lower the learning curve and improve user efficiency. With a unified user experience, TeamSite 6.0 ultimately extends the benefit of content management across the enterprise by enabling faster time to market, increased workforce productivity, lower end-user support, training, and customization costs.</p>
<p>The Interwoven 6 platform features two core user interfaces built from the ground up using J2EE technology, a revamped FormsPublisher (Templating) engine and user experience, a new UI Toolkit to configure and customize Interwoven interfaces, and an industry-first Services-Oriented Architecture (SOA) enabled by the ContentServices SDK 2.0. (See press release issued 7th April 2004). TeamSite 6.0 also enables enterprises to leverage BEA and IBM application servers to power Interwoven client applications using a J2EE framework.</p>
<p>Interwoven TeamSite Integrates with Leading Business Applications
TeamSite consists of the TeamSite Content Server software, TeamSite Content Stores and the TeamSite XML Server. TeamSite 6.0's Services Oriented Architecture facilitates integrations with leading line of business applications:</p>
<p>• Application Servers: BEA WebLogic, IBM WebSphere, Oracle 9iAS, iPlanet
• Portal Servers: BEA, IBM, SAP, Oracle and Plumtree
• Enterprise Applications: Siebel and PeopleSoft
Key capabilities of TeamSite 6.1 include:
• Expanded support for application servers as above, enabling businesses to run TeamSite interfaces on industry-standard application and portal servers;
• Extended capabilities for content publishing and business process management through the SAP portal;
• New solution packaging that enables integrated collaboration and document management for publishing content to intranets and extranets, a critical foundation to Interwoven's vision of Content Networks, which is a new paradigm for managing content within and beyond the enterprise. (See press release issued 13th April).
Key Benefits to the Enterprise:
• Improve end-user productivity - TeamSite makes content contribution and collaboration faster, easier, and smarter for business and professional users.
• Lower end-user training costs - TeamSite lowers the learning curve for all user constituencies improving productivity in less time.
• Lower Support / IT costs - TeamSite empowers users to maintain control and ownership of their own content freeing up IT and Web team resources, and enables enterprises to eliminate costly point solutions to rely on a single platform to manage global initiatives.
• Lower Customization costs - Improving end-user acceptance with rapid and easy customizations leveraging a future-proof customization model.
• Enforce corporate governance standards - Improving visibility and transparency of business processes and content control to fiscal management.</p>
<p>For more information on Interwoven TeamSite, please visit:
Interwoven, Inc. is the world's next-generation enterprise content management (ECM) company. Interwoven's patented, award-winning ECM platform integrates the six pillars of content management: collaboration, e-mail management, document management, Web content management, digital asset management, and records management. Allied with the leading enterprise application providers, the Interwoven ECM platform provides complete, end-to-end content management for more than 2,700 organizations worldwide including Air France, Citibank, Ford, General Electric, Jones Day, Pfizer, Procter & Gamble, and Yamaha. For more information, please visit www.interwoven.com.</p>
Alex Murphy/Rob Stirling
+61 2 9977 8922