Red Hat announced this week the availability of a new Red Hat Training certification; Red Hat Certified Datacenter Specialist (RHCDS).
According to the Red Hat Training and Certification Team, the RHCDS certifies that "an individual has the skills and knowledge necessary to build reliable, available, scalable and mangeable solutions in mission critical datacenter environments using fully supported open source technologies from Red Hat".
The new certification is an advanced credential that Red Hat Certified Engineers (RHCE) can obtain by passing the following Certificates of Expertise:
- EX401 Deployment and Systems Management
- EX423 Directory Services and Authentication
- EX436 Clustering and Storage Management
A current RHCE is required in order to sit these exams. The RHCDS certification remains current as long as the RHCE certification does.
The Red Hat training program features approximately 50,000 Red Hat certified professionals. The program offers four certification levels:
- Red Hat Certified Technician (RHCT)
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
- Red Hat Certified Security Specialist (RHCSS)
- Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA)
More information on Red Hat training courses can be found here.