SQL Tools Announces Next Generation SQL Server Performance & Availability Management Solution
- 27 September, 2007 15:30
<p>Press Release: SYDNEY Australia - 27 September 2007</p>
<p>IDERA’S SQL DIAGNOSTIC MANAGER 5.0 OFFERS UNPRECEDENTED CAPABILITIES FOR MONITORING AND MANAGING SQL SERVER DATABASE PERFORMANCE ACROSS THE ENTERPRISE</p>
<p>(A free, 14 day, fully-functional evaluation install is available at: www.sqltools.com.au)</p>
<p>Microsoft SQL Server database administrators will find that Idera’s latest 5.0 release of their award-winning 'SQL diagnostic manager' provides unprecedented capabilities for database performance monitoring, database management, and database administration. Helping to ensure SQL Server performance and availability across the enterprise. Idera designed this new version of their SQL Server monitoring and diagnostics solution based on feedback provided by many thousands of users worldwide.</p>
<p>“SQL diagnostic manager has drastically improved the way we manage our SQL Servers across the Department,” said Mitchell Bottel, DBA, California Department of Health Care Services. “SQL diagnostic manager exceeded our expectations when we began using it. In our opinion, we felt the tool couldn’t get any better until we saw SQL diagnostic manager 5.0. The new interface is truly impressive and puts a lot of valuable information at our fingertips. We are also impressed with the new alerting functionality which allows us to filter out less critical issues and send specific alerts directly to team members that can troubleshot and solve the problem quickly. Now, we will we be able to diagnose and resolve SQL Server performance issues faster than we did before.”</p>
<p>SQL diagnostic manager is a powerful database performance monitoring and diagnostic solution that provides proactive alerts about the health and performance of business-critical SQL Servers. SQL diagnostic manager minimizes costly server downtime by providing agent-less, real-time monitoring and customisable alerts, enabling administrators to quickly monitor, diagnose and fix database problems from a central management console. SQL diagnostic manager also pinpoints common performance issues, such as poorly performing code, and provides extensive historical metrics enabling trending and analysis of database performance over time.</p>
<p>“SQL diagnostic manager is an invaluable tool for our team. Our company relies heavily on SQL Server so we can’t afford to spend hours diagnosing SQL Server issues and cannot tolerate downtime”, said Michael Swinarski, DBA, Cox Communications. “SQL diagnostic manager keeps constant tabs on the health of our SQL Servers and can tell us just about anything we need to know about their status. Now my team can be proactive and anticipate potential database problems before they arise, rather than just reacting to issues and failed database jobs.”</p>
<p>Recently awarded the SQL Server Magazine Editor’s Choice Award and recognized as a 2007 Redmond Magazine Roundup Champion, SQL diagnostic manager 5.0 offers a host of compelling new features including:</p>
<p>Three-tier architecture providing high performance, scalability and flexibility:
• Allows any or all SQL Servers to be monitored from a central management console or from multiple management consoles.
• All database performance monitoring data, from multiple servers, can be collected, analyzed, and stored in a central SQL Server Repository.</p>
<p>Powerful, intuitive management console interface
• Based on the ‘need to know’ design principles used in modern fighter aircraft cockpit displays, SQL diagnostic manager’s user interface organises and maximizes the visibility of over 230 critical performance metrics and alerts.
• Animated single-server monitor shows the health of SQL Servers at-a-glance
• Customisable console displays warning thresholds to meet personal preferences or Service Level Agreement requirements.</p>
<p>Rapid and flexible notification, alerting & reporting
• Notification messages can be customized with environment-specific knowledge to enable rapid problem resolution.
• Send alerts to different groups based on the time of day or type of alert.
• Group servers into logical groups for easier analysis.</p>
<p>Pricing and Availability
SQL diagnostic manager 5.0 is available now and offers a straightforward pricing and licensing structure of AU$2,390.00 per SQL Server instance. Additional information and free 14-day evaluation copies of SQL diagnostic manager version 5.0 may also be obtained at: www.sqltools.com.au</p>
<p>About SQL Tools:</p>
<p>SQL Tools is Idera’s master distributor in the Asia Pacific (APAC) region. Based in Sydney Australia, SQL Tools works with Idera users, resellers and channel partners to provide sales and technical support for Idera products in the APAC region.
Further information can be found at www.sqltools.com.au
Media or Product inquiries:
Tony Finnemore SQL Tools +61 (0)2 9878 8090
<p>Idera delivers a new generation of tools for proactively managing, administering, and securing the world's fastest growing database management system – Microsoft SQL Server. Battle-proven and engineered for distributed enterprises, Idera’s solutions help companies ensure database availability while also reducing tedious administrative tasks and expense. Idera’s solutions include: Security and Compliance Management, Performance and Availability Management, Backup and Recovery, and Change and Configuration Management. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, Idera’s products are sold and supported directly and via authorized resellers and distributors around the globe.</p>
<p>Idera is a division of BBS Technologies, Inc. SQL diagnostic manager and Idera are trademarks or registered trademarks of BBS Technologies, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions. All other company and product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.</p>
- Deloitte merges Asia Pacific businesses to create consultancy powerhouse
- Is AWS about to take on Cisco with network switches?
- Boost for business as Lake Macquarie invests in smart city network
- Aussie partners excel in Azure as Microsoft unveils MSP program
- iQ3 partners with Vocus to boost cloud capabilities of distribution giant