Security vendor senses new data opportunities

Security vendor senses new data opportunities

Security vendor, Websense, will bring its own brand of data leak prevention software to the Australian channel in the coming months.

The move stems from its acquisition of Israeli data leakage start-up, PortAuthority Technologies, in late December.

Websense EMEA, ANZ and Japan vice-president, Geoff Haggart, said the arrival of the software, known as Websense Content Protection Suite, would complement its current line of content-filtering and security-protection products.

"We already had products which keep the bad stuff from getting in," he said. "Now we have a product that will stop the good stuff from getting out of a company." The delay in bringing the technology to market was because PortAuthority didn't have a worldwide distribution model, Haggart said. Instead, the vendor had to integrate the software into its range and train its staff globally.

Country manager, Joel Camissar, said the Content Protection Suite would be a more technical and services-oriented sell than some of its resellers were used to.

"I'd estimate that only about 10 per cent of our resellers will be equipped to sell the data leakage solution," he said.

"The technology is only about 20 per cent of the equation - the other 80 per cent is putting together a framework. It's a huge services opportunity."

The vendor has around 40 resellers locally via its distribution partner, itX. Installations of its flagship content filtering software range between schools with 20 seats through to large banks and enterprises, Haggart said.

While Camissar already had a good idea which resellers would step up to sell the Content Protection Suite, he didn't rule out working with new partners. "Getting involved with data leakage software now is a huge opportunity for some early adopter channel players," he said.

Follow Us

Join the newsletter!


Sign up to gain exclusive access to email subscriptions, event invitations, competitions, giveaways, and much more.

Membership is free, and your security and privacy remain protected. View our privacy policy before signing up.

Error: Please check your email address.
Show Comments