EDGE 2020 Goes Virtual
<p>Latest Versions of Interwoven’s WorkSite Offer Increased Productivity in Managing Documents Globally</p>
<p>Sydney, Australia – 1 June 2004 – Interwoven, Inc. (Nasdaq:IWOV) the world's next-generation enterprise content management (ECM) company, today announced the availability of WorkSite 8.0 and WorkSite MP 4.0, the industry’s first platform designed specifically for collaborative document management in organizations across a wide range of industries, including legal, banking and finance, government, medical and education. WorkSite 8.0 Server software is targeted mainly at legal and professional services firms due to the Matter Centric functionality which is critical in these organizations whilst WorkSite MP 4.0 Server software, based on open computing standards, offers teams, departments and divisions of even the largest enterprises the ability to collaborate, build and share information and manage projects.</p>
<p>“WorkSite 8.0 and WorkSite MP 4.0 allow organizations to effectively consolidate all relevant content for any given project—documents, e-mails, billing information, and contacts—in a single electronic project file that can be accessed globally,” commented Richard Collins, managing director, Interwoven. “As the first major WorkSite releases after the merger of Interwoven and iManage, WorkSite 8.0 and WorkSite MP software solidify Interwoven’s leadership in collaboration and document management.”</p>
<p>As organizations embark on collaborative projects such as new product introductions, deal and contract management and other general project management, they face common bottlenecks that stand in the way of peak performance.</p>
<p>"Today's enterprises face many collaboration challenges, which are exacerbated because of distributed processes across internal teams with partners, vendors, and other external parties," said Charles Brett, vice president, META Group. "On top of that, team members are dispersed and travelling, trying to be productive while minimizing risk in this era of compliance. Companies seek highly flexible software, such as a collaborative document management solution, that maximizes team performance and meet external standards such as compliance and security."</p>
<p>The latest WorkSite releases are built on the same proven technology as previous versions of WorkSite and extend the system’s excellent reputation for customer satisfaction, rapid deployment, and scalability ensures return on investment (ROI) in a shorter space of time. Already tested in hundreds of firms in Australia, WorkSite 8.0 has proven stable and reliable, evoking confidence at a range of organizations.</p>
<p>- ends -</p>
<p>Key Features in Interwoven WorkSite 8.0:
• Group Collaboration. WorkSite 8.0 provides professionals with a single online workspace where all content related to any given project can be stored, including documents, bills, notes, memos, e-mail, and other correspondence. Unlike paper files, this virtual project file can be shared and accessed securely by both local and remote colleagues, eliminating the delays and costs associated with e-mailing and shipping content.
• E-mail Management. WorkSite 8.0 enables outbound and inbound e-mails to easily be shared, stored, collaborated on, and captured as records in context alongside other forms of correspondence and communication within the virtual project file. This functionality provides support for effective records management by capturing every e-mail within the project to which it pertains.
• Data Centralisation. WorkSite 8.0 features the WorkSite Server with Caching, which allows firms to centralize their systems in regional or global data centres, reducing cost of ownership and enhancing business continuity planning, while giving users LAN-like performance and transparency even when accessing documents stored in remote libraries.
• Intranets, Extranets, and Support for .NET. WorkSite 8.0 uses the Microsoft .NET framework, C# and ASP.NET for Web applications to provide a next-generation platform for seamless intranet and extranet creation; the WorkSite SDK is also now fully .NET compliant. With this move to .NET, Interwoven WorkSite users can expose Web services for workspace creation.
• Knowledge Management. WorkSite 8.0 automatically captures searchable metadata such as client, project, industry, and jurisdiction based on the folders in which documents are stored, with little or no profiling required of the user. By ensuring that good quality metadata is captured, WorkSite 8.0 makes it simple to search a firm’s entire collective knowledge in the context of daily work, helps firms promote the robust re-use of information, brings new team members up to speed quickly, and preserves institutional memory and insight.</p>
<p>Key Features in Interwoven WorkSite MP 4.0:</p>
<p>• Records Retention: WorkSite MP 4.0 has the ability to declare items including documents, folders, and even entire workspaces, and apply retention rules that govern retention and disposition of specifically identified items. Records managers can use an administrative console to manage declared items.
• Offline Mode: This module enables users to add and edit content including documents, collaborative items such as discussion threads, calendar items and even an entire workspace – all while disconnected from the repository. It includes conflict resolution when users re-synchronize content, maximizing productivity for busy, on-the-go professionals;
• BEA Portlets: Portlets expose personal content such as subscriptions, checked out documents and workflow inbox, within the BEA portal. Portlets offer an alternative home page for companies with employee and partner portals;
• Virtual Folders: These aggregate content from across the repository using a combination of full text and metadata search criteria. Virtual folders help users leverage organizational knowledge and efficiently re-use it within their projects;
• Configuration Tools: Individual departments can now completely localize their interface to an enterprise repository centrally managed by IT, helping to drive the adoption of corporate document management practices by bringing enterprise technology to business users in a form that is intuitive to them;
• .Net SDK: Companies can leverage their Microsoft skills to customize the desktop applications through the fully documented .NET software development kit. OEMs can use the SDK to develop full .NET applications.</p>
Interwoven, Inc. is the world’s next-generation enterprise content management (ECM) company. Interwoven’s patented, award-winning ECM platform integrates the six pillars of content management: collaboration, e-mail management, document management, Web content management, digital asset management, and records management. Allied with the leading enterprise application providers, the Interwoven ECM platform provides complete content lifecycle management for more than 2,800 organizations worldwide including Air France, Citibank, Ford, General Electric, Pfizer, Procter & Gamble, and Yamaha. In the legal industry, Interwoven (previously iManage) is the market leader with The Global 100 of law firms, which includes premier firms such as Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, Holland & Knight, and Jones Day. For more information visit: www.interwoven.com.</p>
Alex Murphy/Rob Stirling
+61 2 9977 8922