RSA Security Integrates Enterprise Single Sign-On and Strong Authentication for Microsoft® Windows® Desktops and Networks
- 18 October, 2005 12:25
<p>RSA Security Inc. (Nasdaq: RSAS) today announced RSA® Sign-On Manager 4.5, an enterprise single sign-on (ESSO) solution that expands integration with the world’s most widely-deployed two-factor authentication solution, RSA SecurID® technology.</p>
<p>RSA Sign-On Manager software offers the only solution that joins ESSO, self-service emergency access and strong authentication for Microsoft® Windows® desktops and networks. Organisations may now also turn to a single vendor for integrated ESSO/two-factor authentication solutions, reducing the total cost of ownership. RSA Sign-On Manager software delivers simple and secure access to applications, improves password management, bolsters regulatory compliance, and reduces help desk costs.</p>
<p>Alleviating the Password Management Burden and Bolstering Compliance
Compliance requirements are leading to security and password management challenges for organisations of all sizes. This instigates risky security behavior, such as keeping written password lists or choosing easy-to-remember passwords. RSA Sign-On Manager software enables companies to implement best practices for compliance, such as:
• Reducing the causes of unsafe behaviors that develop when users are forced to manage a plethora of passwords
• Strongly protecting an ESSO deployment with two-factor authentication
• Delivering automated emergency access capabilities for users who forget their primary authentication method (e.g., passwords, RSA SecurID token or smart card)</p>
<p>RSA Sign-On Manager: Protecting the ‘Keys to the Kingdom
As companies initiate ESSO deployments, it is essential that the initial logon is secure – essentially, protecting the ‘keys to the kingdom.’ ESSO in conjunction with two-factor authentication eases the password management burden, while protecting the initial logon.
“Enterprises have many applications that incorporate internal authentication checks and are not able to directly support two-factor authentication for stronger identity assurance. ESSO approaches provide an important middleware solution that enables migration to strong identity without modifying existing applications,” said Phil Schacter, vice president at Burton Group. “Integration of ESSO with the Windows login and two-factor authentication will accelerate enterprise deployment of both technologies.”</p>
<p>Increased Security, Increased Simplicity with RSA Sign-On Manager 4.5
New features and benefits associated with RSA Sign-On Manager software include:
• SSO to Strongly-Protected Applications: RSA Sign-On Manager 4.5 software extends security by adding the ability to SSO into applications protected by RSA SecurID technology (e.g., enterprise applications, network resources). Using the RSA SecurID SID800 USB-enabled authenticator in a ‘connected’ mode (i.e., connecting the token via a USB port) or leveraging RSA SecurID software tokens, customers may have the one-time passcode automatically submitted to strongly-protected applications. The open RSA SecurID Application Programming Interface enables support for a wide range of applications.
• Extended Self-Service Capabilities: Developed by RSA Laboratories, IntelliAccess™ emergency access technology now provides self-service in the event of a lost or misplaced RSA SecurID token, enabling users to access Windows desktops, VPNs and wireless applications when disconnected from the network, without calling the helpdesk.
• Integrated Desktop Client: RSA Sign-On Manager solution delivers the first integrated desktop client that marries ESSO and emergency access, and integrates RSA SecurID for Windows technology, a feature of RSA SecurID software that offers strong authentication for Windows desktops and networks. This combination eases deployment and ensures a simple, secure and consistent end-user experience.
• Enhanced Authentication Flexibility: Organisations deploying RSA Sign-On Manager software may leverage their existing RSA SecurID technology infrastructure to roll out RSA SecurID for Windows technology, without additional costs or complexity. In addition, RSA Sign-On Manager solution is the only ESSO product to enable companies to enforce RSA SecurID authentication at each workstation. Patent-pending technology within the RSA SecurID for Windows solution ensures users may login whether online or offline.
• Simplified Deployment: RSA Sign-On Manager software eases server installation, supports Microsoft Active Directory® Application Mode and integrates the RSA Sign-On Manager and RSA SecurID for Windows technology in a single client.
“The latest release of RSA Sign On-Manager software will help companies to better manage compliance by mitigating risk and increasing security without creating a password management nightmare,” said Bill McQuaide, Senior Vice President, Enterprise Products Division at RSA Security. “In addition, our more than 18,000 worldwide RSA SecurID customers will now have a clear means to better leverage their current investments in strong authentication technology.”</p>
<p>Pricing and Availability
RSA Sign-On Manager 4.5 will be available to customers worldwide in November 2005. For more information visit http://www.rsasecurity.com/products/som/</p>
<p>About RSA Security</p>
<p>RSA Security Inc. helps organisations and individuals confidently protect identities and information access. The company secures more than 15 million user identities, safeguards trillions of business transactions annually, and manages the confidentiality of data in tens of thousands of applications worldwide. RSA Security's portfolio of award-winning solutions – including identity & access management, secure mobile & remote access, secure enterprise access, secure transactions and consumer identity protection – sets the standard in the industry. Our strong reputation is built on a 20-year history of ingenuity, leadership and proven technologies, and our more than 18,000 customers around the globe. Together with more than 1,000 technology and integration partners, RSA Security inspires confidence in everyone to experience the power and promise of the Internet. For more information, please visit www.rsasecurity.com.</p>
<p># # #</p>
<p>RSA is the registered trademark or trademarks of RSA Security Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. Microsoft and Windows are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All other products and services mentioned are trademarks of their respective companies.</p>
+61 2 9976-6611
RSA Security Australia Pty Ltd
+61 2 9463-8407
- TechnologyOne accused of bullying, again
- Microsoft hints at early April release of Windows 10's next feature upgrade
- Emerging tech start-up launches with aggressive A/NZ growth plans
- ATO systems outage audit prompts IT supplier SLA scrutiny
- Consumer watchdog flags further action over NBN speed claim issues