FileMaker Work Requests Streamlines Work Order Management
- 04 August, 2004 17:18
<p>Business Application Creates and Tracks Work Orders to Improve Productivity</p>
<p>SYDNEY, Australia – August 4, 2004 – FileMaker, Inc. has announced FileMaker Work Requests, a new business application that streamlines an organisation’s work order process from the initial request through completion of the work order. FileMaker Work Requests automates the work order process by consolidating work order information in a single, centralised location for easy and instant access by members of the organisation, minimising phone calls, data entry and paper work. The application is scheduled for release in August 2004.</p>
<p>“Many organisations process thousands of work order requests every year, making the efficiency of the work order process an important factor in a company’s productivity,” said Steve McManus, General Manager Asia Pacific, FileMaker, Inc. “FileMaker Work Requests is a ready-to-use work request management application that immediately improves the work order process and eliminates duplicate phone calls, overlooked requests and missed deadlines.”</p>
<p>FileMaker Work Requests
FileMaker Work Requests is a ready-to-use, work order management application that makes it easy to create, track and report on work orders. The application features a flexible submission and tracking system, customisable reports, pre-defined security access levels, re-usable templates and additional tools that quickly improve the way work orders are handled.</p>
<p>Among the many features in FileMaker Work Requests are:
• Streamlining the work order process so requestors, assignees, and managers have a single access point for collecting, approving and tracking work orders. With a built-in Find system, FileMaker Work Requests gives users immediate access to work order information such as estimated and actual costs, hours, deadlines, categories of work and work order status.
• Producing reports that show the status, cost information, resources and performance details of each work order, giving managers a clear picture of request status. FileMaker Work Requests also lets managers analyse how well the organisation is completing work orders based on schedule and cost parameters.
• Controlling access to work order information, based on the specific needs of individuals and groups. With five pre-defined security access levels, FileMaker Work Requests allows administrators to assign the right access to each individual.
• Saving time and enhancing accuracy by facilitating communications between requestors, assignees, vendors and managers. Choosing from a variety of email templates, users can quickly email approved requests, work-in-progress updates, priority changes and status reports.
• Tap into the customisation, sharing and web access features of FileMaker Pro 7 to extend the power of the application, import and export data from multiple file formats, and share information over the web or network with users on both Windows and Macintosh operating systems.</p>
<p>Pricing & Distribution
FileMaker Work Requests is affordably priced at AUD$149 (inc. GST Suggested List Price) and can be downloaded or purchased as a CD-ROM online at https://secure.filemaker.com.au/. Customers will also need to have FileMaker Pro 7 installed to run FileMaker Work Requests. Volume licensing is also available.</p>
FileMaker Work Requests requires FileMaker 7. In addition, the computer monitor's screen resolution must be set to a minimum of 1024 x 768. FileMaker Work Requests runs on Microsoft Windows XP and Apple’s Mac OS X 10.2.8 or later.</p>
<p>About FileMaker, Inc.
FileMaker Pro is used by millions of individuals and workgroups around the world to be more productive and efficient. Business, education and government customers rely on FileMaker to manage people, projects, images, assets and other information. In addition to being the number one-selling easy-to-use database software, the award-winning FileMaker product line also includes low-cost Applications that automate basic business tasks, ready-to-use Starter Solutions, and tools to create and share solutions from the desktop to the web. FileMaker, Inc. is a subsidiary of Apple Computer, Inc. (NASDAQ: AAPL).
1800 028 316
Kinetics Pty Ltd
02 9976 6611
<p>©2004 FileMaker, Inc. All rights reserved. FileMaker is a trademark of FileMaker, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Prices and availability are subject to change without notice. The stated prices are suggested list prices and actual prices may vary.</p>
- Deloitte merges Asia Pacific businesses to create consultancy powerhouse
- Aussie partners excel in Azure as Microsoft unveils MSP program
- Hammer blow for Huawei as 5G ban looms in Australia
- Boost for business as Lake Macquarie invests in smart city network
- Cisco takes fresh aim at trans-Tasman SMB markets