EDGE 2020 Goes Virtual
<p>3COM GIVES SMALL BUSINESSES A 15 MINUTE ROUTE TO LOW-COST, WIRE-FREE BROADBAND CONNECTIVITY</p>
<p>New 3Com® OfficeConnect® ADSL Wireless 11g Firewall Router allows multiple users to share a single ADSL line…</p>
<p>SYDNEY, Australia, 26 February, 2004: Fifteen minutes is now all it takes for smaller firms and remote teleworkers to set up fast, easy access to all the productivity benefits of broadband connectivity and wireless networking. The 3Com® OfficeConnect® Wireless 11g Firewall Router combines an ADSL modem, router, 802.11g wireless access point, firewall and a 4-port switch, all rolled into one convenient, high-performance and highly cost-effective solution.</p>
<p>Designed by 3Com to be affordable and simple to buy, install, use and maintain, the new OfficeConnect Wireless 11g Firewall Router ensures that even non-technical users can have high-speed, flexible Internet and wireless LAN connectivity within minutes of taking the product out of the box. Enterprise users can also rest easy knowing their data will be protected by advanced wireless data encryption as well as stateful packet inspection and hacker pattern detection firewall features.</p>
<p>3Com’s new ADSL Wireless Firewall Router allows any number of users from one to a maximum of 253 (128 over a wireless connection) to share a connection to a single ADSL line, simply and cost-effectively. It is reliable, flexible and highly secure which makes it the ideal choice for smaller offices and the serious remote teleworker needing access to corporate networks.</p>
<p>Based on a combination of the latest 802.11g wireless access point technology and a high-speed routing engine, the new OfficeConnect Wireless 11g Firewall Router offers wireless access to high-bandwidth applications at speeds up to 54 Mbps – 5 times the typical speed of traditional wireless router connections.</p>
<p>“This is a true plug and play solution that allows users to connect to the best from the Internet and harness audio, video and multimedia applications without complexity or excess cost,” said Stanimira Koleva, Managing Director, Asia Pacific. “It is backward compatible with most existing wireless technology and is easy and simple to scale, so it’s a perfect long-term investment for businesses with ambitious growth plans. There’s even the added assurance of a 3Com Limited Lifetime Warranty and 90-day free telephone support service,” she continued.</p>
<p>“This latest addition to the OfficeConnect product series is further confirmation that 3Com delivers products that reflect the needs of small businesses. That’s why we’re consistently seen as one of the leading computer networking brands for small and medium businesses,” Koleva concluded.</p>
<p>Additional features and benefits include:
• Advanced 256-bit WPA encryption for 11g networks; 40/64- and 128-bit WEP encryption for legacy wireless clients help keep wireless transmissions private.
• Additional security features include URL or keyword filtering to control access to inappropriate web sites, allow/deny access control lists, SSID Broadcast Disable, and MAC filtering.
• Stateful packet inspection and hacker pattern detection firewall features help protect your network from hackers and intrusions.
• VPN pass-through permits secure connections to remote offices.
• Four 10/100 Ethernet LAN ports with Auto MDI/MDIX provide wired LAN connectivity to multiple users or another LAN.
• IP routing (static, RIP v1 and 2) enables the router to be used in multi-networked environments.
• Set-up wizards and an intuitive web browser interface makes set-up and configuration easy - typical set up in less than 15 minutes.</p>
<p>The 3Com OfficeConnect ADSL Wireless 11g Firewall Router is now available from certified 3Com wireless solution partners at a list price of US$215. For details of your nearest stockist, visit www.3com.com.</p>
3Com is a leading provider of innovative, practical and high-value voice and data networking products, services and solutions for enterprises of all sizes and public sector organisations. For further information, please visit www.3com.com, or the press site www.3com.com/pressbox.</p>
<p>3Com, the 3Com logo and OfficeConnect are registered trademarks of 3Com Corporation</p>
<p>For further information, please contact:</p>
(+61) 02 9955 7877