The finalists of the Microsoft Certified Partners Awards for 2002 will be in attendance in Los Angeles at the LA Convention Centre from July 12-15. A strong Australian contingent will be represented in the hope of achieving global recognition for their servicing of Microsoft's products.
To be honoured at the awards, which Microsoft says is its "premier annual event", the partners have to demonstrate an innovative use of Microsoft's latest technologies to develop exemplary solutions for their customers.
The companies that ARN spoke to said that having been recognised as the elite in their particular field gives their own and other companies an incentive to strive for further achievement, knowing that recognition is "just around the corner".
The following companies are finalists in each category after Microsoft narrowed down over 900 applications for the awards across the Asia-Pacific region.
* Anti-Piracy Advocate of the Year -- Volante.
* Business Intelligence Solution of the Year -- Professional Advantage.
* Collaborative Solution of the Year -- OBS.
* E-Commerce Solution of the Year -- Interactive Technologies.
* Infrastructure Solution of the Year -- CSC Australia.
* Packaged Application of the Year -- Brookstone Technologies.
* Small Business Solution of the Year -- AXXIS Technology.