ISP has big plans with IPO

ISP has big plans with IPO

Emerging Internet player, eisa Ltd. confirmed its plans on Monday to woo investment through a $57 million public float.

Some 57 million shares will be offered at $1.00 each with 38 per cent of the company up for grabs while the remaining 62 per cent will remain with current shareholders.

Once cashed up, eisa (Edge Internet Services Australia) intends to use the funds to build its ISP subscriber base from its current 60,000 to in excess of 200,000 within 18 months and drive its push into e-commerce.

In a prospectus available from broker Hartley Poynton, eisa forecasts 1999 revenues of $18.8 million, mainly from Internet access fees, with a loss of $5.43 million.

Revenues during the following 12 months to December 31, 2000 are predicted by eisa to grow three-fold to exceed $75 million with a post-tax profit of $3.8 million.

Bundled PC sales are expected to rise from $4.46 million to $30.9 million, while business communication services are expected to move from $2.18 million to $16.63 million.

Originating from boom PC assembler and distributor, Edge Technology, eisa first came to prominence with its plans to sell cheap PCs bundled with long-term Internet access deals through Tandy Electronics.

Since then it has revealed it is developing an e-commerce initiative titled and made it clear it was planning an initial public offering (IPO).

Currently nominating August 20 as the closure date for its IPO, eisa will first list on the ASX on August 31.

Follow Us

Join the newsletter!


Sign up to gain exclusive access to email subscriptions, event invitations, competitions, giveaways, and much more.

Membership is free, and your security and privacy remain protected. View our privacy policy before signing up.

Error: Please check your email address.

Brand Post

Show Comments