Australian-based solutions integrator Megatec has merged with US business technology solutions provider Kanbay, in a deal that the company expects will boost its channel revenue.
According to Megatec, the merger will provide it with the capital necessary to realise its growth potential both in market and product development.
Megatec managing director Peter Spring said it had appointed someone at the company who would be `further enhancing and developing our reseller relationship and management program'.
He said Megatec had some aggressive growth targets for the next two years, and as part of the strategy to enhance its market it was looking to utilise resellers, particularly in areas of the market it hadn't previously been strong in.
Spring said it was looking for quality rather than quan-tity of resellers. `But obviously we need representation in the key markets,' he said.
At the moment Spring estimates that about 40 per cent of its business is through the channel, with the remaining 60 per cent direct. He believes it will see the percentage of business sold through resellers increase. `We move forward our goal would be to have at least 50 per cent of our business go through the channel.'
But he maintains that people buy from people. He said the resellers it works with have built relationships of trust with their customers, and some organisations want to deal direct with Megatec for exactly that reason.