video in pictures
News about video
Features about video
A tricked-out version of YouTube offering exclusive content might prove lucrative bait for Google to lure some of its users deeper into its digital video and music services.
Twitter is looking to boost its advertising business by letting more businesses pay to include video in their tweets.
First, Microsoft axed its video-producing Xbox Entertainment Studios and spun off Nokia's MixRadio streaming radio service as part of its devastating round of layoffs, which will see 18,000 jobs cut over the next year. Then, during Tuesday night's portentous quarterly earnings call with analysts and investors, CEO Satya Nadella dropped this little bomb:
Yahoo has acquired online video streaming company RayV with the aim of distributing content to more people, particularly via mobile devices.
After shutting down its in-house book and music services, Samsung Electronics is closing the company's Video and Media Hub, which hasn't been able to compete with the likes of Netflix, Amazon and Google.
Makers of YouTube videos will be getting new tools to spruce up their content, including features that will let their fans make donations and submit their own subtitles to the videos.
OK, kids, strap in for this post - we're going to move quickly here. Start off by watching the video above to see a bunch of new gadgets that we saw this week at the CE Week New York event (in New York City, natch).
While Video has become ubiquitous thanks mostly to smartphones it doesn't mean you want to actually watch all of it.
Adobe has released its long-awaited and highly controversial Creative Cloud suite of applications for both longtime professional devotees and the newcomers it hopes to attract.
When cloud computing service provider Nimbula hires employees for its South Africa development office, the Mountain View, California, company turns to social networking, not recruiters, to find workers. The company also uses video conferencing to conduct interviews with job candidates and to demonstrate software to potential customers, which saves travel expenses.
Prior to CES, there were only a handful of phones with front-facing cameras: the iPhone 4, the EVO 4G and the T-Mobile myTouch 4G to name a few. This year's CES was all about 4G, for sure, but video chat is definitely one of the apps carriers love to use as an example of how great the next generation of data speeds is.
If YouTube started as a place for people to upload low-res videos, Google's global 2010 'most popular' video list shows just how fast the model is evolving into something nakedly commercial.
Google TV's planned fall launch is not news, but given that Google hasn't said much about its television plans since May, it's time for a refresher. Here's a quick rundown of everything to know about Google TV as anticipation grows for the imminent launch of the service:
We scoured the internet to bring you eight of the funniest tech videos the web has to offer. Sure, they didn't feature musical pets or dancing babies, and they had merely hundreds of thousands of views, but they rated high for geek entertainment.
In the past few years, video-capable DSLRs and compact interchangeable-lens cameras have gained momentum in the world of filmmaking: they have big sensors, shallow depth-of-field capabilities, versatile interchangeable lenses, and affordable prices when compared to professional-level camcorders.
- NSA and GCHQ moles feeding Tor Project with bug reports, claims executive director
- MoD lays down cybersecurity challenge to suppliers
- Researchers malware steals Gmail password, online banking data
- US warns 'significant number' of major businesses hit by Backoff malware
- Your living room is vulnerable to cyber attacks
- How to understand Twitter's bad new direction
- Trade-in volume signals 'tremendous' sales for iPhone 6
- Cyborg moths could act like living drones in search and rescue
- Microsoft engineer: 'Definitely problems' with test process after crippling Windows patch
- ThinkPad Yoga 11e review: A hidden Chromebook gem
- Aug 22
- Mobile apps could be abused to make expensive phone calls
- Aug 22
- BigAir reaps financial rewards from UC, Cloud, managed services investments
- Aug 22
- Next Byte scotches strong Vita Group profit
- Aug 22
- St George to support biometric banking in iOS 8
- More News
- 25 Aug
- CA IT Leaders Forum ’14 Brisbane
- 26 Aug
- CA Expo ’14 Sydney
- 26 Aug
- Integrate 2014 Exhibition & Conference
- 27 Aug
- BizTalk Summit 2014, Australia
- View all events