More than three years after acquiring Skype, Microsoft has announced it would rebrand its semi-rival Lync corporate communications platform as Skype for Business.
Distribution Central has introduced a new ordering system to its Avaya Configurator which it claims eliminates the complexities resellers previously had in buying the unified communications (UC) vendor’s hardware.
Anthony Simonsen will leave his post at Equinix to take over as Avaya Australia and New Zealand (A/NZ) managing director from April 7.
Unified communications and collaboration (UC&C) vendor, Polycom, has opened office in Brisbane, hoping to capitalise from what it sees as a “particularly strong region for growth.”
NEC Australia is looking to simplify unified communications and collaboration (UC&C) enablement for businesses under a hybrid on-premise and Cloud deployment model with the launch of NEC Cloud Collaboration.
ICT infrastructure solutions provider, UXC Connect, has partnered with Alcatel-Lucent to launch an integrated telephony-as-a-service (iTaaS) solution to deliver unified communications (UC) as a service to Australian enterprises.
Communications integrator, Orange Business Services, has launched its ‘Business Together as a Service’ (BTaaS for this article) product in Australia as part of a global expansion.
Telecommunications company, ShoreTel, has appointed Emma McCormack to lead its Asia-Pacific marketing operations from Sydney as director.
- US court fines EU spyware maker $500k and nabs source code
- BitDefender shows off 'Box', a home security device for the Internet of Things
- Use Uber? Snapchat? Google Maps? Now Twitter knows
- PoS malware also targeting ticket vending machines and electronic kiosks
- EU wants Google to apply 'right to be forgotten' delistings to global .com domain
- Aus government begins review of cyber security strategy
- Communications coalition urges national focus on broadband adoption
- Melbourne IT eyes social media market with Tiger Pistol
- Building a non-distributed big data computing solution on Amazon Web Services
- Pressure mounts in Europe for strict net neutrality