Slack has a very simple concept that resonates with many: IRC for the enterprise, with hooks between the chat app and just about any external service you can imagine. We already knew it was hot.
Slack, the IRC-for-enterprise company that's become one of those storied few to achieve a $1 billion valuation in its first year, has bought screen-sharing collaboration startup Screenhero with an eye toward adding valuable new communications capabilities to its software.
More than three years after acquiring Skype, Microsoft has announced it would rebrand its semi-rival Lync corporate communications platform as Skype for Business.
Distribution Central has introduced a new ordering system to its Avaya Configurator which it claims eliminates the complexities resellers previously had in buying the unified communications (UC) vendor’s hardware.
Anthony Simonsen will leave his post at Equinix to take over as Avaya Australia and New Zealand (A/NZ) managing director from April 7.
Unified communications and collaboration (UC&C) vendor, Polycom, has opened office in Brisbane, hoping to capitalise from what it sees as a “particularly strong region for growth.”
NEC Australia is looking to simplify unified communications and collaboration (UC&C) enablement for businesses under a hybrid on-premise and Cloud deployment model with the launch of NEC Cloud Collaboration.
ICT infrastructure solutions provider, UXC Connect, has partnered with Alcatel-Lucent to launch an integrated telephony-as-a-service (iTaaS) solution to deliver unified communications (UC) as a service to Australian enterprises.
- Hackers exploit router flaws in unusual pharming attack
- Twitter adds more reporting tools to curb abuse and improve safety
- Is fragmentation killing Android in the enterprise?
- New Forescout CEO wants to make partners an offer they can't refuse
- Some Bitdefender products break HTTPS certificate revocation
- Oppy appointed marketing chief at CUB
- Drink manufacturer Diageo pilots 'smart bottle' for Johnnie Walker Blue Label
- How Suncorp and Helloworld are driving into digital with data
- Start-up Leia to demo Star Wars-inspired hologram display technology next week
- How CBA, Australia Post and Optus are wowing their customers