telepresence in pictures
News about telepresence
Most ReadGet exclusive access to ARN's news, research and invitation only events.
Cisco doesn't want to kill Microsoft's marriage to Skype -- it just wants a dowry.
Cisco is reportedly attempting to persuade Europe's second-highest court that it should overturn the European Union's approval of the Microsoft/Skype union, an $8.5 billion blockbuster originally announced by the companies two years ago.
The Minister for Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy, Senator Stephen Conroy, has launched CSIRO's Robot project, which will let children Australia-wide utilise broadband to visit the National Museum without leaving their classrooms.
Cisco has updated its product, program and partner enablement tools, designed specifically for the mid-market.
It wasn't so long ago that we were in awe of telepresence -- its ability to bend space and time to put people who are thousands of miles apart face-to-face instantaneously. Now that we've experienced the power of telepresence, we want more. We want telepresence all the time. We want it to be available and effortless to use like a mobile phone. In effect, we want telepresence to be taken to the next dimension, one that allows for high-intensity collaboration.
Cisco has named a former Symantec executive to head its struggling collaboration group, which saw three different leaders in less than a year.
Your office is now optional. A recent study from Infonetics Research projects that enterprises will spend $5 billion on videoconferencing and telepresence by 2015. To accommodate the need for instant connectivity and information sharing at the office, CIOs need to coordinate IT investments with physical space. Vendors like Polycom and Steelcase are teaming up to integrate audio, video and file sharing using multiple ports and display screens at office meeting tables.
English football legend, David Beckham, has used Cisco telepresence technology to speak with fans from all over the world.
Sign up now »Featured Resources
A data security breach is every organisation’s worst nightmare. It impacts the relationship with your employees, erodes the trust with your customers and threatens your organisation’s reputationMost Commented
iAsset is a channel management ecosystem that automates all major aspects of the entire sales,marketing and service process, including data tracking, integrated learning, knowledge management and product lifecycle management.
- Apple end-to-end encryption far from bulletproof
- Java 7 Update 25 fixes 40 security issues, turns on certificate revocation checking
- Statistics reaffirm breach threat, but executive inaction still impeding security: Black Swan
- Apple pours OS X Snow Leopard another Java fix
- With faster 5G Wi-Fi coming, Wi-Fi Alliance kicks off certification program
- Social media adds spice to financial services, say banks
- Google Analytics advocate touts plans to own the Universal customer view
- Google asks to make surveillance orders public, citing First Amendment
- ADMA criticises government plans for compulsory data breach notification
- Google Glass privacy concerns raised by international data protection authorities