Telco in pictures
News about Telco
Features about Telco
The telco sector will be one of the top industries for IT spending in the next 12 -18 months according to analyst firm, Ovum.
Ovum has revealed that telecommunications operators can expect to lose up to half their customers in the next 12 months as a quarter of consumers are set to switch providers in the coming year.
Australian telecommunications company, Inabox Group, has purchased the business of IT and Cloud services provider, Anittel, for about $9.88 million in cash and shares.
Optus customers with compatible devices will now get faster mobile Internet in Greater Darwin as the telco expands its superfast 4G services beyond Darwin’s central business district.
As part of its global expansion aspirations, Megaport has signed Kiwi telecommunications wholesaler, Vibe Communications, to bridge the connectivity gap for customers operating in both Australia and New Zealand.
Telstra has unveiled its second mobile applications store, the Telstra Apps Marketplace, based on the AppDirect platform.
Optus has launched a managed application and network performance management (ANPM) product based on Riverbed’s SteelCentral platform.
All’s well for the Optus 10 Satellite, which has completed its in-orbit tests and is now moving to its permanent operational zone at 164 degrees east, according to a statement.
The telecom business model will undergo dramatic transformation in 2015...
The Samsung Galaxy S5 is an evolutionary device; the vendor’s new flagship is better than its predecessor across the board, without quite being revolutionary. But while it houses impressive hardware, it is let down by the infamous TouchWiz, Samsung’s own interface overlay which skins Google’s Android 4.4 Kit Kat operating system with heavy-duty software (and in some cases, gimmicks).
- Cybercrime group steals millions from Russian banks, targets US and European retailers
- South Korea nuclear operator runs drill after alleged hacker threat
- Exploits for dangerous network time protocol vulnerabilities can compromise systems
- Tor warns of possible disruption of network through server seizures
- Tor network offline in coming days due to Possible seizure
- Apple reopens Russian online store after boosting iPhone 6 price by 35%
- Google wants to turn browser signals of Web encryption upside down
- Decisions, decisions: Choices abound as data center architecture options expand
- Texas Instruments builds an alternative energy for the Internet of Things
- Top 3 Australian financial scams of 2014
- Being the first CMO: Mint Wireless' Justus Hammer talks data and results-driven marketing
- Fashioning a new style of customer interaction at The PAS Group
- Infographic: Top digital trends in 2015
- Technology, simplicity and culture: Behind the scenes of Sensis’ digital transformation
- Melbourne Stars look to fan engagement with mobile marketing offer
- Google hitches cloud data analysis to Java SDK
- DirecTV won't show 'The Interview,' others won't say
- Judge nixes HP's settlement of shareholder suit over Autonomy
- Simpler M2M connectivity promised as Sierra Wireless buys Swedish company
- More News