Telco in pictures
News about Telco
Features about Telco
The telco sector will be one of the top industries for IT spending in the next 12 -18 months according to analyst firm, Ovum.
Ovum has revealed that telecommunications operators can expect to lose up to half their customers in the next 12 months as a quarter of consumers are set to switch providers in the coming year.
Australian telecommunications company, Inabox Group, has purchased the business of IT and Cloud services provider, Anittel, for about $9.88 million in cash and shares.
Optus customers with compatible devices will now get faster mobile Internet in Greater Darwin as the telco expands its superfast 4G services beyond Darwin’s central business district.
As part of its global expansion aspirations, Megaport has signed Kiwi telecommunications wholesaler, Vibe Communications, to bridge the connectivity gap for customers operating in both Australia and New Zealand.
Telstra has unveiled its second mobile applications store, the Telstra Apps Marketplace, based on the AppDirect platform.
Optus has launched a managed application and network performance management (ANPM) product based on Riverbed’s SteelCentral platform.
All’s well for the Optus 10 Satellite, which has completed its in-orbit tests and is now moving to its permanent operational zone at 164 degrees east, according to a statement.
The telecom business model will undergo dramatic transformation in 2015...
The Samsung Galaxy S5 is an evolutionary device; the vendor’s new flagship is better than its predecessor across the board, without quite being revolutionary. But while it houses impressive hardware, it is let down by the infamous TouchWiz, Samsung’s own interface overlay which skins Google’s Android 4.4 Kit Kat operating system with heavy-duty software (and in some cases, gimmicks).
- Why Facebook Messenger will fail as a 'platform'
- FCC will vote next month on plan to share valuable 3.5GHz spectrum
- Intel could strengthen its server product stack with Altera
- Kleiner Perkins cleared of sex discrimination against Ellen Pao
- Facebook reveals the logic behind its forced Messenger split
- Mar 27
- AppSense takes the wraps off its new analytics platform
- Mar 27
- SugarCRM beefs up its global executive team with three new hires
- Mar 27
- 'Do Not Call' spam phone call legislation passed
- Mar 27
- HubOne lands its first channel partnership in Australia
- More News
- 30 Mar
- Australian experts to address cybersecurity challenges and solutions at Canberra...
- 21 Apr
- APJ Progress Spark Conference
- 22 Apr
- 2015 Innotribe Startup Challenge
- 27 Apr
- View all events