Telco in pictures
News about Telco
Features about Telco
The combination of strong performances in community broadband and fixed wireless alongside investments in unified communications, Cloud, and managed services has resulted in significant improvements to BigAir’s financials.
Telstra has revised its supply agreement with Ericsson, adding three years to the existing partnership and including the provision Ciena pack-optical platforms to the former by the latter.
The ASG Group will sell its datacentre in the Perth suburb of Bentley following its board’s determination that the facility is a “non-core asset.”
Telstra may return about $1bn of capital to shareholders, after it achieved a profit of $4.275 billion for the year, up 14.3 per cent on a total income of $26.8bn.
VoIP and unified communications (UC) vendor, ShoreTel, has hired Frederic Gillant to oversee its regional operations across Asia-Pacific (APAC).
Amcom Telecommunications’ profit amounted to $22.4 million in fiscal 2014 an eight per cent increase over the previous financial year.
Telstra’s Global Applications and Platform Group has made its first acquisition via the purchase of a 98 per cent stake in Silicon Valley-based video streaming and analytics company, Ooyla, valued at $US270 million.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) has put mobile terminating access service (MTAS) pricing up for discussion to promote competition between telecommunications providers.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 is an evolutionary device; the vendor’s new flagship is better than its predecessor across the board, without quite being revolutionary. But while it houses impressive hardware, it is let down by the infamous TouchWiz, Samsung’s own interface overlay which skins Google’s Android 4.4 Kit Kat operating system with heavy-duty software (and in some cases, gimmicks).
- Retailers warned to act now to protect against Backoff malware
- Vulnerabilities on the decline, but risk assessment is often flawed, study says says
- Kenneth van Wyk: Why do we keep relearning the same security lessons again and again?
- New malvertising campaign hit visitors of several high-profile sites
- Enthusiast developer keeps Windows XP alive with unofficial 'Service Pack 4'
- How video content is powering 12WBT's member and social media marketing strategy
- AMI appoints Lee Tonitto as new CEO
- Cloudwords CMO: Marketing is returning to the human element
- Amazon to acquire video game streaming site Twitch for US$970 million
- Automation and data management technologies top marketing tech list
- PS&C acquires Pure Hacking for $8.3 million
- Melbourne IT profit takes a tumble
- WESTCON IMAGINE 2014: Resilience that saved QF32 will help IT companies survive,...
- SME business sentiment falls
- More News
- 28 Aug
- CA IT Leaders Forum ’14 Canberra
- 29 Aug
- CA Expo ’14 Perth
- 08 Sep
- ITIL Foundation (incl. Exam)
- 10 Sep
- CPX 2014
- View all events