Telco in pictures
News about Telco
Features about Telco
There’s nothing more reassuring to telco service providers than having a low record of service complaints. And according to the Australian Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman (TIO), that’s what’s happening.
The telco sector will be one of the top industries for IT spending in the next 12 -18 months according to analyst firm, Ovum.
Ovum has revealed that telecommunications operators can expect to lose up to half their customers in the next 12 months as a quarter of consumers are set to switch providers in the coming year.
Australian telecommunications company, Inabox Group, has purchased the business of IT and Cloud services provider, Anittel, for about $9.88 million in cash and shares.
Optus customers with compatible devices will now get faster mobile Internet in Greater Darwin as the telco expands its superfast 4G services beyond Darwin’s central business district.
As part of its global expansion aspirations, Megaport has signed Kiwi telecommunications wholesaler, Vibe Communications, to bridge the connectivity gap for customers operating in both Australia and New Zealand.
Telstra has unveiled its second mobile applications store, the Telstra Apps Marketplace, based on the AppDirect platform.
Optus has launched a managed application and network performance management (ANPM) product based on Riverbed’s SteelCentral platform.
The telecom business model will undergo dramatic transformation in 2015...
The Samsung Galaxy S5 is an evolutionary device; the vendor’s new flagship is better than its predecessor across the board, without quite being revolutionary. But while it houses impressive hardware, it is let down by the infamous TouchWiz, Samsung’s own interface overlay which skins Google’s Android 4.4 Kit Kat operating system with heavy-duty software (and in some cases, gimmicks).
- Second HTTPS snooping flaw breaks security for thousands of iOS apps
- Police breaks up cybergang that stole over $15 million from banks
- How the Internet of Things is reshaping the future of security
- Aussie banks targeted by botnets: Report
- Week in review: RSA conference wrap; Brandis wants private-public security alliance
- Project delays set to impact Hills financial results
- Women still reluctant to take a career leap
- Violin names former Netapp exec as new chief marketing officer
- VentureCrowd launches Australia’s largest crowd funding investment
- More News
- 28 Apr
- D-Link IP Surveillance Training and Certification
- 28 Apr
- ESET Launch: Perth
- 28 Apr
- Why are we still making corporate videos?
- 28 Apr
- Modern Customer Service Summit
- View all events