Telco in pictures
News about Telco
Features about Telco
The Communications Alliance has updated two vector-related industry standards which it claims will help equipment suppliers and retail service providers ensure broadband modems on copper lines can support high data rates and reduce interference.
Telstra has invested in another two datacentre deployments within Equinix’s Australian facilities.
Optus has reported that its '10 Satellite' successfully completed its orbit raising and is hovering at a temporary test location before it moves to its permanent operational zone.
Telstra has moved its Australian Cisco Intercloud platform into trial mode with selected customers and partners, and is taking another step towards globalisation with the extension of the platform into Hong Kong and Singapore.
Optus has commercially launched LTE-Advanced Carrier Aggregation in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide using two 20MHz allotments of its 2300MHz spectrum.
The Mobile Manufacturers Forum (MMF) is backing Telstra’s new Web portal, claiming it is a significant step in breaking down barriers restricting members of the Australian community.
Complaints to the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman (TIO) have dropped by 29 per cent to a six-year low, according to the Communications Alliance.
As part of its sixth, three-year Disability Action Plan, Telstra has unveiled three new initiatives aimed at supporting persons with disability in accessing communications services.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 is an evolutionary device; the vendor’s new flagship is better than its predecessor across the board, without quite being revolutionary. But while it houses impressive hardware, it is let down by the infamous TouchWiz, Samsung’s own interface overlay which skins Google’s Android 4.4 Kit Kat operating system with heavy-duty software (and in some cases, gimmicks).
- CMO Council: CMO/CIO friction inhibiting digital marketing innovation
- Salesforce brings customer strategy mapping to mobile apps
- CMO interview: How Citibank is dishing up targeted customer engagement
- How haptics will transform your gadgets
- Report: Global digital advertising spend propelled by ad tech innovations
- TechnologyOne hits $1 billion market capitalisation
- Aussie reseller targets NZ with new partnership
- Telstra to use and resell DocuSign
- Comms Alliance drafts VDSL2 standards for NBN performance
- More News
- 29 Sep
- Vendor and Supplier Management Workshop
- 30 Oct
- Ovum 2020 Telecoms Summit
- 05 Nov
- vForum 2014
- 25 Nov
- GovInnovate Summit
- View all events