tablets in pictures
News about tablets
Features about tablets
Samsung hopes its new Milk streaming service is the next big thing in music.
Confidence in the underlying strength of the tech sector as a whole appears to be solid despite some dispiriting news on the hardware front.
The rate of increase in tablet shipments is expected to slow this year after unabated growth during the product category's first three years of existence.
Seagate Technology thinks the storage capacity could be larger in tablets, most of which come with a relatively small amount of native storage.
Microsoft sold more than double the tablets last year than it did the year before but still wound up with just 2.1% of total sales, according to Gartner.
Linaro, the open-source development consortium for Linux on ARM architecture, is working on software, tools and drivers that could hasten the release of 64-bit Android.
Samsung was already on the path to global domination of the smartphone and tablet market when it unveiled another truckload of devices last week at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.
Android and Samsung Electronics were the big winners in the tablet market last year, as sales grew by 68 percent, according to market research company Gartner.
Most ReadGet exclusive access to ARN's news, research and invitation only events.
Intel has barely made a dent in the mobile market, while ARM has been wildly successful. Does that spell doom for Intel -- or is ARM's triumph overblown?
For all his talk of "devices and services," when Steve Ballmer hands over the reins to a new CEO, he will leave an economic powerhouse that prints money by making software, but makes little on anything else.
Complexity may be Windows' downfall, and Microsoft has not only failed to address the problem, but exacerbated it by shipping the dual-threat, two-UI Windows 8.
We all love getting new gadgets, but what to do with the old ones? Here are 18 superb ways to put your old Android phone or tablet to good use.
Tablets are taking over the enterprise. According to a recent IDC report, PC sales will drop by an all-time year-over-year record of 10.1 per cent. That's a nose dive by any standard.
Our picks from the App Store gems
Apple will move upmarket to an iPad Pro tablet, perhaps this year, as it faces pressure from Android device makers searching for profits, an analyst said today.
Apple's iOS 8 is hot topic in among iPhone, iPad and iPod users right now. In this article, we bring you release date speculation, the latest rumours about iOS 8 and leaked images and mockups of the next version of Apple's mobile operating system. Read on to find out more.
Sign up now »Featured Resources
The ascension into the cloud has become a popular strategy for Australian businesses that want to increase efficiencies, resources and mobility. What are your peers and competitors doing to take advantage of the opportunities offered by the cloud and how are they addressing the challenges?Most Commented
iAsset is a channel management ecosystem that automates all major aspects of the entire sales,marketing and service process, including data tracking, integrated learning, knowledge management and product lifecycle management.CSO
- Big Data still 'a new frontier' for most of the public sector
- Large DDoS attack brings WordPress pingback abuse back into spotlight
- Healthcare, POS vulnerabilities will be tested under new privacy laws
- Telstra transparency report reveals extent of customer data sharing
- Privacy-breach consequences emerge as asylum seekers sue Immigration
- Apple dominates 64-bit mobile chips as Android rivals lag
- SoftBank CEO Son: US mobile broadband industry needs more competition
- Cyberattacks could paralyze U.S., former defense chief warns
- New York to start accepting applications for Bitcoin and other virtual currency exchanges
- Microsoft to launch next Office for Mac in second half of 2014
- Businesses adopt a digital strategy but most are skeptical of success
- Telstra breached privacy of over 15k customers: Privacy Commissioner
- RadiumOne brings programmatic advertising tech platform to Australia
- Aussie online tailor adopts 3D body scanner to improve omni-channel strategy
- At Cebit opening ceremony, leaders evoke need to protect private data
- Model-driven software spawns rise of "citizen developer"
- Accelion names new GM
- 2014, the year of big IT spend: Brennan IT
- Kore Wireless and ATrack form global partnership
- More News
- 13 Mar
- JuiceIT 2014
- 18 Mar
- Webinar: Your key to unlocking sustainable profits
- 19 Mar
- WEBINAR: Cloud Computing 2014 - Why it can be a real competitive advantage for s...
- 20 Mar
- Navigating Analytics
- View all events