symantec in pictures
News about symantec
Interviews about symantec
A new malware program is being used to do reconnaissance for targeted attacks against companies in the energy sector.
Dell has appointed former Symantec managing director Brenton Smith as vice president and general manager of its Asia Pacific Japan software group.
US, UK and Germany are the most targeted countries
Symantec has released the latest update to its Security Response: State of Financial Trojans 2014 whitepaper.
It seems there can be further indignity foisted onto people who've had their iPad or iPhone stolen.
Researchers at the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) yesterday said that they had found evidence that implies attackers have exploited a security vulnerability in the Superfish adware and a slew of other programs.
European law enforcement agencies seized command-and-control servers used by Ramnit, a malware program that steals online banking credentials, FTP passwords, session cookies and personal files from victims.
As HP reports numbers, questions will be on its split ... GOPers on FCC want to delay net neutrality vote ... Google deals for Softcard ... and more tech news.
Features about symantec
Symantec will begin operating as two separate companies from April 1, potentially leaving New Zealand partners in serious limbo with the move now only weeks away.
Sophos CEO Kris Hagerman has overseen a year of super growth, which he claims is due to a new Cloud management platform, a channel first distribution model and the stumbling of the big security players.
As part of its worldwide reorganisation under CEO, Steve Bennett, Symantec will focus on the channel. Senior director Pacific channel sales, Klasie Holtzhausen, sat down with ARN to discuss the company’s new channel strategy in Australia, and the company’s plans heading into 2014.
Insentra's Ronnie Altit talks about some of the challenges with starting a business and the importance of building trusted relationships with partners
ARN caught up with Symantec Pacific region vice-president and managing director, Craig Scroggie, during Symantec Partner Engage 2011 to talk about the security vendor’s channel strategy, partners specialising and the current security landscape.
Symantec has had a busy year. In April, at its partner conference in Senza, China, the vendor outlined a strategy that involved significant changes to its partner program. As yet, we still don’t know all the details of these changes.
CIOs think of Symantec as a company that buys its way into new markets. Over the past decade the Cupertino, California, vendor has snatched up about 30 companies as it's evolved from an antivirus and tools seller to an aspiring enterprise infrastructure vendor.
“IT security vendors have tried to provide small businesses with solutions that are easy to understand and deploy to increase sales."
"Growth in the worldwide PBBA market remained strong in the fourth quarter, hitting the billion dollar mark for the first time in a given quarter."
If anything, the New Zealand market should have seen it coming, right?
Following its widely reported split, global security vendor is expected to close down its New Zealand operations by the end of this coming quarter…
Rick Kramer, VP channel sales, North America, Symantec believes the biggest game changers to impact the channel market in 2015 will be…
Which vendor maintained its position as the leading storage software supplier during 2014?
Managed services is finding its way into various sectors of the IT industry including security. It is now adopting the provision model.
The new Apple-IBM partnership seems sure to help Apple sell more iPads to businesses, but it may also be setting off alarm bells at mobile device management companies large and small.
- Middle-Eastern 'Volatile Cedar' cyberattack breached western defence firms
- Google cracks down on ad-injecting Chrome extensions
- Prevention is better than cure, but what if it's not enough?
- Users smallest source of concern despite causing most security breaches: CompTIA
- Security Watch: SecurEnvoy partners with Connector Systems in new distro deal
- Review: Office 2016 for Mac offers a new interface and better features
- All the news that's fit to squish -- on a smartwatch
- First look: Microsoft's Azure App Services sweeten cloud development
- Microsoft Outlook Calendar Corruption, Lost Meetings, Duplicate Appointments - April/2015 Update
- Target: Emotional social vital to customer experience management
- CMO Interview: What it takes to be a smart marketing chief
- How NPS has helped NIB keep customers
- Report reveals obstacle to better customer service is organisational, not technical
- Stackla and Hootsuite partner to launch new social media integration
- Aussie appetite for fast broadband proves to be insatiable
- Dicker Data partners NEXTDC to provide "affordable" Cloud solutions
- There should be a ‘when, not if’ approach to security issues in the channel: Log...
- Huawei's Australian enterprise business posts triple digit revenue growth
- More News
- 14 Apr
- Dell Solutions Tour Melbourne
- 15 Apr
- LIVE WEBCAST Websense 2015 Threat Report: 8 High-Risk Lessons
- 21 Apr
- APJ Progress Spark Conference
- 22 Apr
- 2015 Innotribe Startup Challenge
- View all events