Sun Microsystems in pictures
News about Sun Microsystems
Interviews about Sun Microsystems
Actifio announced the addition of Bjorn Engelhardt, Ratan Tipirneni and M.J. Golibart to its global management team.
Oracle's massive annual OpenWorld conference isn't happening until late September, but the vendor recently unveiled details of nearly 1,800 sessions planned for the event that on balance paint a comprehensive picture of what its customers, partners and competitors can expect.
Former NetApp channel and alliances director for Australia and New Zealand (A/NZ), Todd Parsons, has been appointed to a similar role by unified communications (UC) vendor, Avaya.
Brisbane identity access management company, First Point Global, has appointed information security industry veteran, Barry Metzger, in a bid to drive the company's rapid expansion.
Except for a brief period after buying Sun Microsystems four years ago, Oracle's hardware business has been largely overlooked.
Oracle and Comcast are locked in a legal tussle related to Oracle's intellectual-property lawsuit against Solaris OS support providers Terix and Maintech.
An independent Solaris OS support provider has countersued Oracle for unfair competition and violation of U.S. antitrust laws.
Application performance management (APM) company, Compuware, has appointed Anthony Clarke as regional director for Australia and New Zealand (A/NZ).
Features about Sun Microsystems
A day in the life of itX Group managing director, Laurie Sellers, is filled with crunching the numbers (he can colourfully chat about how to file an IPO prospectus and recite the steps involved in preparation for the Avnet takeover) to leading a team of 135 people at one of Australia’s most successful distribution companies.
Diana McKenzie, head of the information technology practice at Chicago law firm Neal, Gerber & Eisenberg LLP, has specialized in IT contract law since 1987. On Monday, she spoke with Computerworld about what customers of IBM and Sun Microsystems Inc. need to know about contract law as IBM pursues its reported US$6.5 billion bid to acquire Sun.
At long last, after much searching, a flood of whispered rumors, and more than a little journalistic hand-wringing, Microsoft has found its new CEO: Satya Nadella.
Go to a technology event or corporate meeting these days and you're bound to hear from a guest speaker. It's often someone like a retired politician telling war stories, or a new-age management guru delivering a thinly veiled pitch for their latest book.
Many eyes in the tech world will fall on Oracle later this week, when the vendor's fourth-quarter results are set for release. This is typically the biggest reporting period for Oracle each year in terms of revenue, but a number of questions loom beyond its top-line performance.
Oracle's unveiling of a batch of servers based on new Sparc processors marked what some analysts think is a step toward an expected standardizing of the vendor's two families of Unix servers onto a single chip architecture.
Sun was a tech juggernaut for nearly three decades. It was consigned to memory in 2009, but this year would have been its 30th anniversary so we give this former titan its due.
It’s the heart of the IT infrastructure and when it is beating too fast, energy – and by default money – goes to waste. For many organisations, the datacentre provides the lifeblood of operations, but when it is running ineffi ciently it eats up a signifi cant amount of dollars. In this feature, TREVOR CLARKE outlines 10 ways to help cut datacentre costs.
There are few people in the IT industry that would gloat about servicing a company of less than 50 people to their global peers. There are even fewer that would do it for a 10-seat operation. But in reality, the SMB market is the backbone of the Australian economy and deserves its time in the spotlight.
- Are IT groups really ready for BYOD security challenges?
- Qualcomm: Interoperability, community keys to wearable technology success
- EU hears Google, Microsoft, Yahoo on 'right to be forgotten'
- Wearables will make first breakthrough in enterprise, panelists say
- Europeans call for a single EU copyright to get more access to online services
- A new kind of solicitude: Co-creation with customers
- Facebook reports a big sales jump, helped by mobile ads
- Australia's top digital marketers break away from the industry pack
- Carsales rolls out SAS's Intelligent Advertising technology
- Deloitte defines 5 attributes to cope with next wave of digital disruption
- Good Technology launches enterprise mobility suites
- Telstra fixed line access price consultation begins
- Telstra to send 671 jobs to Asia
- World first Braille mobile phone launches in Australia
- More News
- 25 Jul
- Dell Connected Security: Listen to what the experts have to say about security
- 29 Jul
- SplunkLive!; Canberra
- 05 Aug
- Systems Technology Day - Build Your Own Private Cloud
- 06 Aug
- Oracle Employee Experience Journey Mapping Workshops
- View all events