When it comes to picking out an increasingly important service, managed Cloud back-up is one that resellers look for and expect, according to Cloud back-up and Cloud storage management vendor, CloudBerry Lab.
Independent analyst firm, Gartner, has announced the price of PCs could possibly increase by up to 10 per cent in 2015. It reported, in its latest Forecast Analysis: Devices, Worldwide 1Q15 Update that device vendors will be raising the prices of PCs to offset the effects of currency devaluation.
The social business applications market will increase by more than 2.5 times in size between 2014 and 2019, according to a new market sizing and forecasting study from 451 Research. It claimed the market will grow from $US13.9 billion in revenue in 2014 to $US37 billion in 2019.
The Australian router market has declined by 6.1 per cent, to tumble from $US281 million in 2013 to $US265 million in 2014, according to independent research firm, IDC. It said the market for routers was growing well till the end of 2013 but things changed suddenly.
Who said it is the death of appliances? It’s not so for security appliances, according to market research, analysis, and advisory firm, IDC Australia.
SMEs are intending to increase their investments into technology in 2015, according to a recent study by global recruitment company, Robert Half. And almost two thirds of the CIOs polled in this study identify new projects as the top driver of technology recruitment this year.
Mobile users in the US are 1.3 times more likely to be struck by lightning than malware, new research has found.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) remains the leader in Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) adoption among enterprise IT buyers, while VMware leads in the on-premise Cloud platform, according to IT research and advisory company, 451 Research.
Both the role and skills requirements of chief information officers (CIOs) are being transformed as a result of changing business demands and the big technology trends – Cloud, mobility, the consumerisation of IT – according to Hudson’s latest 'ICT Leaders Series' report.
- The week in security: It's hack or be hacked as airplane rises, defences fall
- FBI: Victims of online fraud lost $800m to scammers last year
- Attackers use email spam to infect point-of-sale terminals with new malware
- Large scale attack hijacks routers through users' browsers
- Minecraft used as cover to push Android scareware apps on Google Play
- Updated: REA's marketing strategy chief takes CMO post at MYOB
- TedxSydney taps into real-time social to fuel engagement
- Why optimisation is the name of the game at First
- Video, mobile show strong growth in IAB's Q1 online advertising report
- Twitter offers marketers objective-based advertising programs