SSD in pictures
News about SSD
Features about SSD
Achieva Technology wants to transform from a traditional IT components box mover to a value-added distributor (VAD), and is building its enterprise portfolio to do so.
Newegg on Thursday began taking orders for Samsung's most advanced solid state drive (SSD), a model that uses stacked, or three dimensional, NAND flash for greater performance and endurance over previous models based on conventional NAND flash.
A shortage of solid-state drives for ultrathin laptops and hybrids will cause prices to flatten next year after dropping for the last several years, with lower prices coming again in 2016, according to a market analysis.
Intel today unveiled its Pro 2500 series of flash drives, which include 2.5-in. drives and M.2 flash cards for mobile devices.
Samsung claims to have raised the reliability and capacity of solid state drives with the new 1TB models in its 850 Pro line, made using the company's latest memory technology.
SoSecure has created a solid-state drive that is controlled remotely via a smartphone app, which monitors everything from backups to battery power and can delete all data from the drive.
Hewlett-Packard is joining some aggressive startups in claiming flash can match the cost of high-end disk drives.
Intel took its flash storage for data centers into the fast lane on Tuesday with SSDs that use PCI Express and an emerging host controller interface that could make such components easier to adopt.
Upgrading an aging PC is a bit of a crapshoot. Sure, a faster processor or GPU, more memory, or a solid state drive can significantly speed up a system. But figuring out which upgrade will yield the biggest performance increase depends on your particular use case and other bottlenecks in the rig.
While solid state drives offer increased performance, the key to figuring out the role they can play in the data center is balancing that performance against cost.
OCZ has had its share of problems out of the gate with its low-end, consumer solid-state disk drive, the Apex Series SATA II. But its most recent economy SSD, the Agility Series SATA II 2.5-in., appears to be a successful effort to correct old problems with fresh technology. The Agility has ample cache to boost write performance and, most important, uses a higher-end controller. Yet it is only slightly more expensive than the Apex, which is still being sold.
Samsung on Monday introduced solid-state drives (SSDs) for netbooks that are smaller than traditional SSDs and consume significantly less power.
As the pilot ejects inside enemy territory, the fighter jet triggers an automatic data-destruction sequence. Within 15 seconds, the highly classified mission data on the solid-state disk has been wiped out.
Solid-state disk (SSD) drive architecture can play a big role in how fast a computer boots up and performs. But how big a role the SSDs play -- and how much faster an operating system is -- depends as much on the operating system as on the drive. Although none of the mainstream operating systems now in use have been optimized to work better with SSDs, some do natively work more efficiently than others, according to storage experts.
A lot of solid-state disk (SSD) drive reviews and features have been circulating around the Internet lately, and I've noticed that the speeds of those products are increasing remarkably, even as manufacturers use more multilevel cell (MLC) NAND flash memory in their products, which is innately slower than single-level cell (SLC) NAND.
- Russian government offers money for identifying Tor users
- EU, Google, Microsoft, Yahoo meet on 'right to be forgotten' but questions remain
- How to prevent a website compromise like StubHub
- Nigerian 419 scammers diversifying into Trojan malware, finds Palo Alto
- Internet Explorer vulnerabilities surge to record levels in 2014, NVD figures reveal
- Metrics a must for making the most of content marketing, says Forrester
- Ticketek: Modern marketing strategy is about treating people as people
- Salesforce.com launches Sales Reach for real-time selling and marketing
- A new kind of solicitude: Co-creation with customers
- Facebook reports a big sales jump, helped by mobile ads
- Jul 25
- Intel appoints new director of Cloud policy and government affairs
- Jul 25
- EXCLUSIVE: Dave Rosenberg appointed new Westcon A/NZ managing director
- Jul 25
- Citrix and Fujitsu eye A/NZ mobility market together
- Jul 25
- Achieva promises it won’t step on resellers’ heels in becoming a value-added dis...
- More News
- 29 Jul
- SplunkLive!; Canberra
- 05 Aug
- Systems Technology Day - Build Your Own Private Cloud
- 06 Aug
- Oracle Employee Experience Journey Mapping Workshops
- 20 Aug
- Westcon Group Imagine 2014 - Melbourne
- View all events