sony in pictures
News about sony
Features about sony
Sony is making a push to sell high-definition music players, and 35 years after being launched its Walkman is making a small comeback.
IFA 2014 in Berlin is just weeks away so we've rounded up the best smartphone, tablet and gadgets which might be launched.
If you're holding out for that multi-functional smartwatch of your dreams, Sony is working to add contactless payments to wearables with a new chip.
Sony on Wednesday was struggling to ensure access to game-related websites that went offline apparently because of unpaid domain name bills.
If Apple were to launch a 5.5-inch iPhone 6 later this year it would be beneficial to both the vendor and the wider ‘phablet’ market, according to Telsyte.
Text analytics company Luminoso, a 2010 MIT Media Lab spinoff that helps its customers make sense out of unstructured data, has raised a $6.5 million Series A round of funding. The 25-person outfit plans to use the funds for new hires in sales, product management and client services as well as to expand its product line.
Kaspersky Lab claims to have identified previously undiscovered mobile trojans that work on both Android and iOS.
Dick Smith has entered the direct post-paid mobile market through a new partnership with Vodafone, and has confirmed it is holding talks with both Telstra and Optus.
Savage competition has seen the gap separating Apple’s iPad from a slew of Android tablets close. This comparison takes the two most competitive tablets, Samsung’s Galaxy NotePro 12.2 and Sony’s Xperia Z2 Tablet, and measures how they stand next to Apple’s iPad Air.
Flagships from the leading Android manufacturers are on sale now in Australia. There’s the 5.2in Xperia Z2 from Sony, the 5.1in Galaxy S5 from Samsung and the 5in One (M8) from HTC. All three are fantastic choices, but one of them will go down as an all time great.
A place in your pocket is no longer enough for mobile gadget makers: now, they want your body.
Australia's three largest telecommunication carriers have confirmed to Good Gear Guide that the HTC One (M8) will be available in stores on the 1st of April. To help you decide which carrier you should buy the smartphone from, we have collated the various One (M8) plans Telstra, Vodafone and Optus are offering.
Samsung and Sony recently showcased the new tablets that will lead their range, the Samsung Galaxy NotePro (12.2) and the Sony Xperia Tablet Z2. We have put the two tablets head-to-head in an effort to figure out which tablet will be the biggest threat to Apple's iPad.
Now that Sony plans to sell off its Vaio laptop business and convert its TV business into a subsidiary, the Japanese electronics giant appears poised to beef up its line of mobile products, including smartphones and tablets -- but especially wearable tech.
Sony's floundering PC business is no more, sold to a group of investors that plan to pull the once-vaunted VAIO brand back within Japan's borders.
Politics collided with the world of technology this year as stories about U.S. government spying stirred angst both among the country's citizens and foreign governments, and the flawed HeathCare.gov site got American health-care reform off to a rocky start. Meanwhile, the post-PC era put aging tech giants under pressure to reinvent themselves. Here in no particular order are IDG News Service's picks for the top 10 tech stories of the year.
- Russian government offers money for identifying Tor users
- EU, Google, Microsoft, Yahoo meet on 'right to be forgotten' but questions remain
- How to prevent a website compromise like StubHub
- Nigerian 419 scammers diversifying into Trojan malware, finds Palo Alto
- Internet Explorer vulnerabilities surge to record levels in 2014, NVD figures reveal
- Metrics a must for making the most of content marketing, says Forrester
- Ticketek: Modern marketing strategy is about treating people as people
- Salesforce.com launches Sales Reach for real-time selling and marketing
- A new kind of solicitude: Co-creation with customers
- Facebook reports a big sales jump, helped by mobile ads
- Jul 25
- Intel appoints new director of Cloud policy and government affairs
- Jul 25
- EXCLUSIVE: Dave Rosenberg appointed new Westcon A/NZ managing director
- Jul 25
- Citrix and Fujitsu eye A/NZ mobility market together
- Jul 25
- Achieva promises it won’t step on resellers’ heels in becoming a value-added dis...
- More News
- 29 Jul
- SplunkLive!; Canberra
- 05 Aug
- Systems Technology Day - Build Your Own Private Cloud
- 06 Aug
- Oracle Employee Experience Journey Mapping Workshops
- 20 Aug
- Westcon Group Imagine 2014 - Melbourne
- View all events